If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
phil777
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-mobile

Correcting non-text photos when camera was in text mode?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

for capturing text the text scene mode for the camera is very handy. However, I did not realize that the Blackberry saves the mode for the next time and does not go back to the automatic scene mode when turned off.

So I now have a whole set of photos from my latest weekend trip to London which were all taken in text mode. :No: To correct them at least a bit, I could use a photo editor to enhance color and so on, but there would be a lot of trial and error involved to fintd the right settings.

Is there anyone out there who knows what the text mode actually changes? Something like "reduces the color saturation by 50% and then enhances contrast by 25%"? With these data I think it would be possible to rescue the photos.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phil777
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: Correcting non-text photos when camera was in text mode?

Nobody has an idea? 

Acutally, just for me to understand the objective of this forum: Is this purely a community for users to help other users, or are there also official RIM support staff here?

Thanks and best regards

Phil

Please use plain text.