If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

AHF
New Contributor
AHF
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 1und1

Corrupt images on Curve 8520

Whenever I take photos it often happens that they are corrupt. Although they appear normal when being viewed on the Blackberry, but when I connect it to a PC and try to view them there they are either a mixture of several photos I have taken in one picture or in some cases even the image header is corrupt. I have already formatted the Micro SD card.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Corrupt images on Curve 8520

Hello

Are you formatting the SD on your pc?

Which is fine but when placed in your phone you should re-format using the phone.

A SD card formatted on the pc for use on the phone results in the phone struggling to correctly save to the card. But when formatted by phone it works well.
Please use plain text.
AHF
New Contributor
AHF

I formatted it on the phone.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

When your phone is connected to the pc as mass storage device, does your pc popup with a message like "errors found scan fix or continue"......?

Please use plain text.
AHF
New Contributor
AHF

This happens sometimes, but the last time I tried it didn't occur. This also happens when connecting a normal USB stick to the PC.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

What I've noticed on my pc running win 7 ultimate, is that when my SD card was formatted on my blackberry, while the card worked fine on the device but when connected to the pc.....errors on card pops up.

However when formatted on my pc the card, it worked fine on pc, error message, but the phone had issues with card.

To solve this I backed up my card on the pc. Then used the pc to format it, then inserted into the phone and reformatted it again on the device. Dropped the backup I made back to the card to see if the error message occurred.....it still did....this time I had pc repair errors ie. I chose to scan and fix the card option offered by windows 7.

This if anything went wrong I still had the backup. Since then no problems.

If after doing you this and you still have problems but make sure you have a backup.
Maybe make another copy of back up and save to another location on the pc.

Then proceed to folder options on your pc and click on "view" and get to show hidden folders and items.

Now delete the .dat files.

Alternatively if you can do it on the phone. Go to applications > files > media card

Now press the menu key and click on "show hidden" find and delete .dat files.

Reboot the phone.
Please use plain text.
AHF
New Contributor
AHF

When I format it on the PC the blackberry directory and its subdirectories will also be deleted. Do they get recreated when the card is formatted by the phone?
Please use plain text.