Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rieyin
My Device: BB Curve 8520

Credit Card Not Authorized

I know that someone has already posted a topic about it; I'm sure there are countless others like me who've been looking for a solution.

I've been trying to purchase apps from the App World for a couple of days now. But my credit card was not authorized.

So far, I've tried double checking my information, calling my credit card company and re-entering my information countless times; Done a couple of battery pulls to no avail; already had set the correct currency; removed and re-installed the App World; tried another card and PayPal; even called my service provider; and nothing works.

I have already purchased apps from the App World before this happened. So, I don't know nor do I understand what the problem is. It's getting quite frustrating to the point that I want to ask if BB has ever TRIED to develop a solution for this. The proposed solutions on the website, I've tried them all. Just in case some of you want to ask me.

Is there really NO solution for this? Apple and Android phones do not give me this problem; I could also say the same for Nokia as well. I could purchase things online using the SAME card and I do NOT receive any "not authorized" message at all.

Please, anyone who has any IDEA that I haven't tried yet. Feel free to post it. Thank you and I hope, as many of us who have the same problem does, someone might actually know the TRUE SOLUTION to this issue.

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Credit Card Not Authorized

Hi rieyin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following KB article should provide more information on the issue you are having trying to purchase an application from BlackBerry App World™ storefront on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone. 

"There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)" appears when an attempt is made to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World. http://bbry.lv/HVyMRD

If this is not the error message you are receiving, could you please provide the full error message?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
rieyin

Hi Frankies,

I appreciate the time you took in replying to my post in order to offer a solution and also, thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately, though the error message is correct (error number is only 11000; not sure if it makes any difference), I've already found this article and it didn't work.

Even though the card works for other things online without having me to contact my credit card company, I still did that and double checked my info with them to make sure it's correct.

Nothing happened. Same old issue.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

Thank you.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello!

Ah yes! The error code can make all the difference indeed:

• KB28192 "(ErrorId: 11000)" occurs when attempting to purchase applications from App World or change payment information

Please also double check if you have a PayPal account connected -- log into it from a PC/browser and ensure that the credentials you use there are identical to those you use to log into MyWorld. Also ensure that all credit cards you have attached to PayPal are current and valid...we have learned that if there is any credit card attached to your PayPal account that is invalid for any reason (e.g., expired), it will prevent AppWorld purchases from completing, even if it is not the funding source. Further, there must be at least one (valid) credit card attached to the PayPal account.

We also have heard from some users who report that creating a whole new PayPal account somehow fixes things and allows them to make purchases. I'm not sure why that works, but reports exist that it does.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
rieyin

Hi sdgardne,

I'm sorry but your proposed solution doesn't work as I've already tried it.

However, since I still appreciate your efforts into trying to resolve my issue, I've redone all the steps again. To no avail, unfortunately.

I do not know if it's an improvement or if it only worsens the problem. But, my error ID changed to 12000 this time.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

It might:

• KB28978 "Error ID 12000" is encountered when attempting to complete a purchase on a BlackBerry device

That error message correlates to a portion of my prior post...

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
rieyin

Thanks, but as I mentioned, I already did try all of your suggestions.

Nothing worked.

I have no intention of repeating it again just to produce sheer frustration.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Jeepers...really? All I provide you with, on this voluntary basis, is information. You revealed a new error code, so I provided new information based on that. How you choose to react to the receipt of information is entirely up to you. I cannot control your actions, nor do I want to. You are in control of your destiny. Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
rieyin

[ Edited ]

Hi sdgardne,

I know it's not your fault; you're just trying to help like everyone else so I really appreciate the time you took in helping me. Thank you.

It just did really frustate me and please don't take it the wrong way; I'm not venting it out on you.

So many things happened and before I knew it, I forgot to reply to this post. Though, it's never too late to say thank you and I'm sorry (I hope).

New Contributor
rieyin

[ Edited ]

It's been a couple of months now and I didn't stop trying to enter my credit card information nor finding a solution (during my free times).

After almost 4 months, my credit card information was finally accepted today. I don't know why exactly. 

But, I can provide the things I did as it may help someone; I don't know if it will work for everyone though. 

So this is how it happened...

Firstly, I tried to use Google again to find the solution. I bumped into a forum where there was someone who had problems with updating/changing their credit card info. Now that I think about it, it may have also been this forum. 

Anyway, a couple of people replied and they mentioned that they also have the same problem and was wondering if a solution was available. There was one person there, who told everyone that she had been in touch with BB; they offered her several solutions that are also similar with the ones available here on the forums as well. To no avail, nothing worked out for her. Until finally, she was just asked to register for a new BB ID.

A new BB ID... well, that's an idea I haven't tried yet. So I thought I should try it out myself. As it goes, the solution worked for her on her third try. 

I don't know the consequences of what happens when you change for a new BB ID. I haven't really researched that part. I just think that I wouldn't be able to access my previous apps or purchases. (just in case someone asks)

So back to the topic, I registered for a new BB ID with one of my alternate email addresses. Please have your BB and USB cable ready for connection, in case you need it. I did.

The steps I did was the usual for new registration but, just so you know:

- After the registration, I was sent a confirmation email that my BB ID was created (please do "not" delete this email). I clicked on the confirmation link and was redirected back to BB. 

- I signed in again and was asked to do a System Check first. Turns out, I don't have the plug-in for BB App World yet so I was asked to download and install it. Only takes a few seconds.

- After installing the plug-in, I clicked on Continue. The next step was connecting your device and so I did.

- The last step was Payment Information. I entered my credit card info on the first try and it accepted it. Viola! A way to purchase apps, finally!

Then, I got a nagging feeling; I don't remember doing all those steps before with my first BB ID so I wasn't sure if maybe missing those steps was a problem (who knows?).

Anyway, I logged out my new BB ID and signed into my old one. I re-entered my card info and by some miracle, it accepted it on the first try (to my intense surprise).

No idea how it happened but it did so I thought to just share it. I don't know if it will help anyone though I hope it does.

If you want to delete the new BB ID you've just made, this is where the confirmation email comes in again. The reason why I asked you not to delete it is because that's where you'll find the link to delete your new BB ID. 

It will read as: "If you did not create or do not recognize this account, please click here to delete this BlackBerry ID."

Click it then continue and your new ID will be deleted.

Good luck.