Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tigerhawk33
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 3G 9300 Screen Backlight Timeout

Hi there,

I searched the forums, and I can't find anything to what I'm searching, so any help will suffice.  I have a BB Curve 3G 9300, and it works beautifully.  However, my screen never goes blank after the backlight timeout goes into affect, or if I don't use it. 

What I mean to say is, just like the iPhone or other electronic devices with screens on them, usually after some time passes, the screen will go dim first, and then go blank due to it being idle.

Well, my screen will go dim, but it will never go blank.  I will go into the Options, and then into the Screen/Keyboard option, and have to manually select the backlight timeout at, for example, 10 seconds, Save the setting, and then when I go into my home screen or any screen for that matter, after 10 seconds the screen will go dim first and go blank BUT after a few seconds the screen will come on again (I am not doing anything or touching it when it comes on).

Any help would be great!  Other than shutting the phone down, is there any suggestions?  Thanks.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Curve 3G 9300 Screen Backlight Timeout

What 3rd party apps do you have installed on the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tigerhawk33

I have nothing turned on, however, I have the following:

CellMapper (coverage mapper)

Globe & Mail (news)

Solitaire

Copter (game)

VuClip

BB Help! (didn`t even know if I dl this)

youtube player

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

One of those is running in the background and keeping the display on. I've seen it with other aps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tigerhawk33

Oh God, really?  Man, I hate being a noob.  Just got this great phone, and there's SO much to learn.  Ok, thank you so much for your help.  I'll check & re-check to see what's on and what's off.  But I always make sure to turn off all my apps after I'm done with them.  I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tigerhawk33

Just an update.  Did what the gentleman said, I checked & rechecked to make sure any or all of my apps were not running in the background.  I made sure everything was closed, did a soft reset, followed by a hard reset (removing battery), and turned it back on.  So far so good.  The screen shuts off on the assigned time I've given it.

Thank you again sir, it's really great to get help.  Tried at other forums, but no one bothered to reply.  Thanks and Merry Xmas.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.