Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

jpd1977uk
My Device: Curve 3G (9300)
My Carrier: 3 UK

Curve 3G Battery Issues

I've had my 3G Curve (9300) for a few weeks and noticed that my battery seems to drain 10% every hour, and its worse when I listen to music.

I've upgraded to OS 6 and it still has the same problem...

I've turned off The GPS and Location services and reduced my brightness to 40%.

I only have running BBM, email, Facebook and call blocker software (since last Wednesday, 22nd  Dec)

Has anyone else got this problem?

Btw, I've swapped battery with my wife's on from her 8520, but it still drains it quite quickly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shadowstar
My Device: Curve 9300 (3G)
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Curve 3G Battery Issues

My battery lasts around 2 days before needing to be re-charged, which I think is normal. I'm still getting used to how a BB battery works, compared to my Nokia phones which take at the very least, 3 days before needing a re-charge.

To save battery life, turn off/exit as many apps as possible. I'm sure you know that already. The Facebook app is actually draining some of your battery since it'll keep running in the background to alert you of anything new unless you exit it. I'd suggest also exiting the call blocker software when you don't need it, I'm pretty sure that helps drain the battery too. The rest, such as BBM, e-mail, browser, etc. are the only things you technically can't "close" or "exit."

I also suggest using the auto-on/off feature so that you can set it to shut off when you're sleeping, and it'll automatically turn back on when you or before you wake up. I just tried this the other day and it shut off with 20% battery left, and 3-4 hours later when I woke up and it turned on, it was as you'd expect still at 20%.

Please use plain text.
MitSL
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind

take it back to the store and ask for a new one?

i know on my 9300 i had a battery issue for the first few days, it would only last me less than a full day with hardly any use, since installing os6.0 and changing the back light timer, and brightness, it lasts a good chunk, so far been on for 2 full days and im still over 50% with lots of usage 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Steve_GPX
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G GSM v.5.0.0.794 - Indosat

Almost all BlackBerry smartphone have a serious problem with battery..

Well, I think it is normal as BB will always search a signal to update BB messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger..

To save the battery life, I do this for my Curve 3G..
1. Using 3G only for browsing..
2. Set brightness to 20
3. Set LED coverage area (indicate with green flash) OFF..
4. Don't use ringing tone with vibration at the same time. Choose only one besides them.
5. Auto ON/OFF activated.

I set to those conditions and I can use my BB for 2 days before charging..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jdavis8596
My Device: Not Specified

True the battery drains quick. I just wish. We had a flash also I. Upgraded. And I wish I had kept my env3 lg
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuserabuser
My Device: Curve 3g
My Carrier: Airtel

Hey just bought this phone (curve 3g) 4 days back and i charged it (first time) until the bolt on the battery went away (about 2 hours) but  the battery life is too bad, i mean without much usage it lasts only for about 15 hours and thats when i hardly surf the internet or use the messenger or anything. 

Is it some of those new battery issues, will it get better after few charge discharge cycles? Coz this is really frustrating man.

Please help me out

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbuserabuser
My Device: Curve 3g
My Carrier: Airtel

And also it charges up fully in only about one and a half hours which is pretty surprising, we're supposed to stop charging it when the bolt on the battery sign goes away right?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gutz
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Student

Tips to save the battery life :

1. Download OS 6 as it gives you more battery life. (Click here to download)

2. Make your Network Mode to 2G, until and unless you want to use 3G. (Won't harm your BB)

3. Reduce the backlight brightness to 10.

4. Set LED coverage indicator OFF. (Indicates whether you have network coverage or not)

5. Close all the unwanted applications. (Facebook, twitter, etc)

After doing this your bb should be on for atleast 2 days and 5 hours.

Please use plain text.
JJoseph
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

I have exactly the same battery problems with Curve 9300.
Please use plain text.