03-15-2009 12:27 AM
I have a the Curve 8310. I've had it for about a year. At first, it shut down and said App Error, but I reset and reloaded the OS and that issue was fixed. Then 4 days later, the phone shut off again, then restarted on its own.
I bought 2 new replacement batteries and a wall charger, thinking that maybe it's a battery issues.
The phone is not responding. It boots up, seems to be working fine, then 10 seconds later, it would shut off,restart, boot up, then shut down again. I've tried all batteries, fully charged. I upgraded the OS and also did Wipe Handheld. Sometimes, I get lucky and it stays on for about 20 minutes, but then shuts down again. Everything seems fine - if only the phone would stay on.
Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Is this a software issue? Or a hardware issue?
Unfortunately, my warranty is out and no insurance.
Thanks for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-15-2009 09:43 AM
try pulling out the sd card.
if that doesnt help, i would follow the below instructions... make sure you leave out the mem card when doing so
1. uninstall device OS you currently have in add/remove progs on your PC
2. uninstall desktop manager if it isnt 4.7
3. install desktop manager 4.7 if you dont have it already
4. download and install a fresh copy of the latest deviceOS
5. pull the battery(leave it out) and plug in USB
6. goto c:\prog files\common files\research in motion\apploader and run loader.exe. follow through the wizard. after its done, device will reboot and you will get 507 error on screen.
7. pull usb and put battery back in
8. repeat step 6, this time you wont get the 507 error
See if that helps, run without the memory card for a bit. if that works, put memory card back in
hope that helps
03-16-2009 03:35 PM - edited 03-16-2009 03:36 PM
Thank You! I took out the SD card, and it's been a day. So far so good.
It seems like the phone was trying to boot up from the memory card.