Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8310 Red Light Now Dead

Hopefully somebody can help me!!!!

Was browsing the web on my phone using Opera, then i got a white screen and egg timer then turned off with a red flashing light. I tried turning it on/off but nothing so removed the battery. After that it tried coming on with the white screen and egg timer then screen went blank and the red light stayed on (not flashing) i took the battery out and tried again but nothing at all, just dead.

i left it for a few hours and when i looked again it was working ok, this lasted for an hour now its dead again and has been for over a day, i get a red light for 30 secs sometimes but now not even that. ive read i might need to re-install the OS but the DM wont reconise the device, ive got a funny feeling it might me the in-car charger thats done it! ive only had the phone 4weeks from new and its last charge was on the way to work using the in-car charger.

The phones not been wet or dropped and spends its time in the leather wallet wen not being used, the only other thing i could think off its been really hot the last couple of days but surely there designed to work in warmer climates than the uk????

Any help will be appreciated.