Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8310 & computer connection problems

We just bought two Curve 8310 phones. The software is downloaded & we have enabled storage. The computer does not detect that the phone is even connected. We have done the detect thing. We have also gone under "options" to media mass storage & said yes.

I have searched this & seen on the internet that SEVERAL people have this exact problem with Blackberry phones. It seems like with this much trouble I would be able to find a solution but I have not. Starting to really regret these purchases since I can't do something simple like connect to computer & transfer music.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Contributor

Re: Curve 8310 & computer connection problems

Hi!

Here is something that you can check:

Problem

The BlackBerry device is not being detected by a Microsoft Windows-based PC.

Cause

The Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option has been enabled in the BlackBerry device's Power Management tab in BlackBerry Device Manager.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, do the following:

For Microsoft Windows versions 2000/XP

1. On the Desktop, right-click My Computer and select Properties.
  2. Click the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.
  3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  4. Right-click the USB Root Hub and select Properties.
  5. Click the Power Management tab, and then remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.

For Microsoft Windows Vista

1. Click Start, and type device manager in the Start Search box.
  2. Click Device Manager in the Programs list.
  3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
  4. In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
  5. Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
  6. In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab.
  7. Remove the check from the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
  8. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.

BBsupp

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Curve 8310 & computer connection problems

It is saying that I need to activate Mass Storage on one phone on the other phone it just doesn't connect at all. I tried the power suggestion. Any other ideas?