Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Coree
My Carrier: Rogers

Curve 8310-emails lost??

I've lost all my emails and have no idea how to get them back. I also had folders with information and all of that iformation is also gone.????

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Curve 8310-emails lost??

This usually happens due to low memory. Look in Options >Memory and see how much free application memory you have.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Coree

Thanks, unfortunately when I go to options the 'memory' is not an option. Maybe my best best is to take it into a Rogers dealer. Very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

The 8310 is an old device and I don't remember the exact menu option chain. In your device options (could be called settings) there is an option for viewing the available memory on the device. We need to know what the amount of free application memory is. My guess is it's very low and you'll need to free up some space, otherwise the device will delete texts, emails, calendar events, and other information in order to continue to run. You probably have pictures and other media that are taking up space. Frequent battery pulls also help in that they free up memory...until it runs down again and you have to reboot again.

I wrote a how-to some years ago to deal with this problem. It gave instructions on how to delete certain files to free up memory on just that generation of devices:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-help/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-optimize-your-bb-...

A Rogers dealer will probably give you wrong information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Coree

Thanks John, I think I got it!
Please use plain text.