Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
knito
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8310 smart dialing in a country qith two different "National Number lengths" values

Hi,

I have charged my Blackberry with all my outlook contacts. All of them are on International format +51(1) ############

I've set Smart Dialing Options qith my country defaults:

Country Code                        +51   (Peru)

Area Code                                1       (Lima)

National Number length       8       (default)

I've set calllog-options-general options-phone list view = name  and  Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO. too

I can call from my address book without problems (my phone recognizes +51 (1) and make the call) 

My first problem wass that when someone calls me, Phone shows a number with format 01######### and not with + 51 (1) neitehr the contact's name.

In Peru we have regular phone numbers  with 7 digits ( +51 (1) ### #### ) and Celular phone numbers with 9 digits ( +51 (1) 9#### #### ).

When I set National Number length 10, Phone recognizes contacts that calls from celular numbers (that have 9 digits + 1 of Area Code) but when a Contact calls from a regular name, it appears like 01### ####

When I set National Number length 8, Phone recognizes contacts that calls from regular numbers (that have 7 digits + 1 of Area Code) but when a Contact calls from a celular name, it appears like 019#### ####

I can use a quick and dirty trick, setting National Number length 10 and store in the same contact +51(1)### #### and  019### ##### numbers  then it will call from one and recognize the other one, but It's a lot of work and I think that It must be a way to make it  right.

Thankyou in advance, and forgive my bad english

Caudio Catanzaro 

Please use plain text.