Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
aap10
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8310

Hello

New to the blackberry and I really like it. Has anyone had issues with the screen going from bright when you first press a key to dim within 5 seconds of that and stays dim for awhile of using it, then it randomly goes bright again. I know with cell phones if you don't press a key for awile it dims to save battery life, I have had this issus since I got the blackberry about 1 month ago. Does this sound like a warranty issue, I have never dropped this phone I baby this phone.

Please use plain text.
bbnewbie

Re: Curve 8310

I am in love with my BB, too. Mine does the same thing but I read that the backlight will change based on the surrounding lighting. I paid attention to the changes in lighting and they do coincide with the changes in the backlight. HTH.
Please use plain text.
sjtmd

Re: Re: Curve 8310

I have the same backlight issues even though I have set the auto dim feature to "off."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JasonHDD
My Device: Curve 8310

I set auto dim to off and havent had a problem with the light now..GL
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NikonRick

Hello Everyone,

I have been a Razr user for quite a while and am very close to purchasing a BlackBerry Curve from Alltel. Before I do I would really like to get your input on this:

Because I spend a LOT of time making phone calls and work in a fairly loud environment, the earpiece volume and clarity are VERY important to me. Im not sure if The Curve can give me the advantages of a terrific smartphone AND an excellent phone in terms of call quality.

Can you give me your opinion of the earpiece volume and clarity compared to the Razr (I currently use the V9) and also if you think that because the mouthpiece is located a bit further from your mouth vs. a flip style phone that that could cause any problems in a noisey environment. Ive had cell phones before that were weak in terms of call quality and its REALLY frustrating.

Thanks again for you input. It will help me make the right decision!

my best,

Rick

Please use plain text.