Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Sladian
My Device: Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Curve 8330 Line Out to External Speakers?

Hello!    I am wondering if it is possible to use the 3.5mm headphone jack to route music from the BlackBerry Curve 8330 through an amplified speaker / stereo reciever system. I tried using a standard 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA stereo/video from the BlackBerry headset port to the RCA A/V ports on my amplifier/reciever, with the audio only ever playing through the handset or speakerphone speaker. The audio plays fine through the headset that came with the Curve 8330. Also I noticed in another thread, someone was trying to do something similar but into their Car's audio system, and the problem they had was that the patch cable they were using was incompatible somehow. If anybody has experience with this or knows which type of cable to use, your advice would be much appreciated! Thank you. - Sladian

New Contributor
Sladian
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Curve 8330 Line Out to External Speakers?

[ Edited ]
I talked with a friend who tried the same deal, and he said that the problem lays within the type of cable. The headset uses the third ring on the jack for voice data (line in) while the other two are for audio and grounding. When using a 3 prong RCA (Stereo Audio + Video) the device seems to have a problem resolving the video with the mic line. When using the BlackBerry's headphone jack as a line out, one needs make sure they are using only a Stereo (L + R) RCA cable (2 prongs) to avoid the mic line to video line problem.
Message Edited by Sladian on 07-23-2009 09:43 PM