Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kingsa
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve 8330 Manual, Tutorial, other?

After receiving my new Curve, I had to take it back twice with "software glitches."  Now it appears to be working fine, however I can't figure out how to set some features.  For instance, the calendar reminder appears to be working, yet I get no sound notifying me of appointments.  The alarm also does not sound. 

Using the Help function, I can't understand how to do what it instructs.  ie., I go to Alarm, then About the alarm, and there is nothing there to tell me about the alarm.

Under Notification Profiles, an option appears "I am not receiving notification for incoming calls or messages."  The answer is "Try..."  In the profile list - well, where IS the profile list?

I just need a basic manual.  Anything available?

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Curve 8330 Manual, Tutorial, other?

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the Forums:

The manual should be on the CD that came with your device. I have attached two links that will addto the manual, and are very good help.

For your calendar reminder  go to Profiles - active profile - options - calendar. Select your calendar and hit enter.

The first option is Tone -Ringtone. This is where you can set the ringtone for your calendar reminders.

Are you not receiving alarms for calls either?

For your phone got to profiles - options phone is the third from the bottom.

Let me know if this helps!

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/

http://crackberry.com/crack-team/crackberry-com-features/blackberry-101

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-06-2008 04:42 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
kingsa
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you so much.  I will try these links the first opportunity I have and let you know how I'm doing.

I appreciate the response.

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

If this satisfied your request please resolve the thread, as the originator you are the only one that can do it.

Use the options over the yellow kudos star. That way other users can find resolutions quicker.

Thanks very much!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter