Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Mamabear
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve 8330 Missing browser icon

The browser icon is missing from my home page.  No icons are hidden.  When I check under applications for browser it shows it as installed.  HELP!
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Curve 8330 Missing browser icon

Was it there before and just went missing? If you change to different theme (Options | Theme) is it still missing.

Try reregistering the device by going into Options | Advanced Options | Host Routing Table. Select the bold entry, hit the menu key and select Register Now. That should send a registration message from your carrier to the device. Afterwards try removing the battery for 30 seconds.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
Mamabear

Thanks reregistering worked!
honeyryder

I was really starting to freak out...followed your instructions, jmrmb80, and now my browser is back.

Thanks for your insight.

New Contributor
kmanley3

I had the same issue: missing browser after restoring data to my Curve 8330 and this worked BEAUTIFULLY!

THANK YOU!

Now, if I could just get my outlook calendar back...

Contributor
BaBeeCee14

I just had the same problem and reregistering it worked.  Does anyone know why the browser icon would just disappear like that?
New Contributor
BuffaloDude

Just had to do this to my 8330.  Any idea why it just disappears?
shauom

I had the same problem with my 8330 and this worked great.

Thanks for your help.

SM

Visitor
rizwanzubair

I am having a similar problem but a little complicated :smileyhappy: I bought the device from one carrier but wanted to use it on another carrier ... so i got it unlocked from some guy... now the sim of other teleco providers is workin on my device but browser is not working....is there any way to activate the browser...

New Contributor
pereznm

I have the same problem with the windows live messenger icon, I try everything already, register, reset the device, change themes and still missing the icon. Any other idea how can I get the icon back? Thanks