Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mishmarquez
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

Curve 8330 - Reboots when sitting down the phone ??

Just about every time I set my Curve down, like on my desk at work, it reboots !!  Just today, it rebooted 5 times.  It's like I'm sitting it down to hard or something.  Anyone else have this problem ?

Ozone
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 8330 - Reboots when sitting down the phone ??

This happens to my new Curve too. Although, not as frequently as you state.  I actually experience it more when it's in my holster and it gets jostled by my seat belt or hitting the steering wheel when getting out of my car.  I was thinking of exchanging it as defective but it doesn't seem to be happening as often as when I first got it.

mishmarquez wrote:

Just about every time I set my Curve down, like on my desk at work, it reboots !!  Just today, it rebooted 5 times.  It's like I'm sitting it down to hard or something.  Anyone else have this problem ?

New Contributor
mishmarquez
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330

Re: Curve 8330 - Reboots when sitting down the phone ??

At lunch today, I went to Best Buy, that's where I purchased my cell, and told them about my rebotting problem.  I was told that they would have to send the phone out for repair and would take up to 14 days to get back.  And they don't even have a loaner phone !!  Luckily, I have an extra cell that I could use but am not sure if I want to turn in my Curve for 2 weeks.  What if the problem continue's ???  Any ideas or suggestions ??