Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Benny987
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Curve 8330 Support for MicroSDHC

I have a Curve 8330 with OS v5.0.0.438 which I read should support a MicroSDHC card up to 32G.  Well my 1GB MICROSD card works, but the 32G SDHC is not recognized at all on the Blackberry.. 

I tried formatting the 32G on my computer to FAT32 and it still isn't recognized.  Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: Curve 8330 Support for MicroSDHC

So your computer can see the 32gb card after formatting it?  You can place a test file on it from the PC?

I saw this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Maximum-size-SD-memory-card-for-Curve-8330/m...

and it should work.  I'm hoping something isn't wrong with the card.

I can transfer a test file over when it's plugged directly into the computer, but Desktop Manager doesn't recognize it when I have it in the Blackberry.

From that thread I see multiple folks with 8gb cards in their Curve 8330, and that my 32gb card should work with OS5.0+. I wonder if it's an old 8330 or if it's the card...or something else?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

hey are you using the latest version of the desktop manager?

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop.html

I do have the latest, V7.1, of desktop manager. The next chance I get, I'm going to try the memory card in a buddy's newer phone and see if it reads it. I'm thinking that the hardware in my Blackberry, despite having OS 5+, won't read FAT32 microSDHC...and only reads the original microSD cards.

If you have any other ideas I'd appreciate it!
Please use plain text.