Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Curve 8330 - desktop manager issues

desktop manager stops working when i try to sync my calendar (outlook)... it used to work and now it just stops and desktop manager shuts down. my contacts sync ok when i configure it to only sync those. any ideas?
New Contributor

Re: Curve 8330 - desktop manager issues

I have the same problem.  I am only trying to sync my Outlook calendar - when I try Desktop Manager just shuts down & I receive this error:  Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: DesktopMgr.exe
  Application Version: 4.6.0.12
  Application Timestamp: 4835e713
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_6d57
  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
  Exception Code: c0000374
  Exception Offset: 000b015d
  OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 6d57
  Additional Information 2: a8064b034a1a2f2f618d075073f8fe42
  Additional Information 3: 6d6d
  Additional Information 4: 77597fd8b9929087121da8ad5ca0aae9

I would very much appreciate any help!  (i can't find anything on the support site)  Thank you in advance.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

in the advanced section of the desktop manager, you can choose to sync only one database.
do that for each database one at a time, until you know where the crash occurs.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Thanks for responding, Zandrex. I have isolated the problem to my Outlook calendar. I can successfully sync the Outlook address book without it erroring out. Any ideas?
New Contributor

The same is true for me.  I only use the Desktop Manager to sync my Outlook Calendar - nothing else....  The error I receive is copied in my previous message if that helps.  thanks!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

when you are synchronizing the calendar events, some are synchronized correctly, then the error occurs.
You have to find a way to know which event causes the crash.
then open it in Outlook and look at it. There should be something different, maybe an attachment.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

That makes sense and I have done trouble shooting like that before - the issue looked very close to this one.  But at that time, it always crashed on the same event & it gave me a different error code.  I searched BB's website for that error code & found that a calendar event was defective.  I found the event, deleted it & was then ok.

This is different.  The application just stops working.  The error is APPCRASH & it occurs at different times in the sync process with every attempt....  Sometimes it crashes right away, sometimes it almost makes it....very unpredictable - just quits working.

New Contributor

I just read a similiar thread & I changed my setting from sync to and from outlook & phone to just from outlook to phone.  I tried 3 times & here is what happens:  reads device calendar, processes device calendar, reads outlook - then always crashes at process device catalog.

Any ideas?  thanks so much!

New Contributor

Forgot to mention - I looked at the log for each of my last 3 attempts & every event is "read."  None of them contain an error at all.  So it does not seem that the crash is associated with a calendar event (as I have seen before).
Contributor

my issue is resolved after i took my blackberry and laptop into the Sprint store. they fixed it all by wiping my handset and resetting everything up. it seems there were some leftover remnants from an enterprise server application i had on my handset at one time that were causing the sync problems.