Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 8330 unable to sync due to USB issue

Verizon gave me a new cable yesterday when I went in there (still in the sealed package), I also have tried all of the USB ports on my laptop, the side of my monitor, and at the back of my docking station.  I have also disconnected my laptop from the docking station to see if that helped.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

They only thing I can think of is when you are plugged into the PC and BB start the Desktop Software and the go into

Windows device manager and see if there are any conflicts (yellow).

Other than that I am out of ideas. I'm sure someone else on this forum can help.

At least the work we did is on the post so there is an audit trail, that way someone has all the data to trouble shoot.

Sorry I wish I could have helped, I will monitor this to find out just what the problem was!

Thanks for hanging in there!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

Have you solved this issue? I have the same problem like you had on IBM laptop. I need a solution too.

I bought a Verizon BB 8330 from Best Buy  last weekend. I have 3 laptops at home. I installed the desktop manager 4.3 on two IBM Lenovo laptops (window XP) and one Toshiba laptop (window XP). Then I rebooted 3 laptops. After rebooted I plugged the bb into the Toshiba laptop. The Toshiba laptop can recognize the blackberry USB driver and I can do sync in the desktop manager. When I plugged the bb into IBM Lenovo laptop. Both IBM Lenovo laptops found blackberry USB driver but they can't install  the blackberry USB driver under window XP. Then the bb became nonfunctional device. I can't do any sync  in the desktop manager from 2 IBM laptops.  I am wondering there may be  some  issue between IBM Lenovo laptop (XP) and Verizon blackberry 8330 USB driver.