Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

clf
clf
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8330

Hi I just discovered there is a new generation of curve coming.  Can anyone tell me  if it is coming to at&t?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
TheGodfather
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Re: Curve 8330

Not initially going by this statement:  These guys get it first in May.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/device-detail.jsp?navId=H0,C221,P883#tab_tab_purchase

Verizon Wireless announced today that it is finally getting its own version of the popular BlackBerry curve smartphone. The Curve is the smallest full QWERTY BlackBerry device available at 4.2” x 2.4” x 0.6” and weighs only 4 ounces.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
payroll
My Device: Blackberry Bold

The 8330 is the CDMA version of the Curve, meaning ATT will not get it. There really arnt any changes between the 8330 and the 8310.
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Is 8330 is CDMA version?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
clf
clf

The only difference and a very important change for me is the ability to capture video.  I hope they produce an upgrade for at&t....
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
payroll
My Device: Blackberry Bold

That is something that is in OS 4.3. I'm assuming AT&T will release it by the time the 8330 comes out.

And yes, the 8330 is the CDMA version. 

CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Please use plain text.
clf
clf

So what is out now? Os 4.2?  And then when at&t releases 4.3, one would  just download and upgrade the existing software in the phone?  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nova

For the most part you will need to wait for your specific carrier to release their flavor of upgrade to 4.3.  I think 4.2 is the one on the GSM versions right now.  Telus also launched their's today, whether they have inventory is another question.

Nickster108

payroll wrote:
The 8330 is the CDMA version of the Curve, meaning ATT will not get it. There really arnt any changes between the 8330 and the 8310.
Actually, there are quite a few changes. Primarily, the new CDMA Curve has upped the flash memory to 96 MB which is something all BB's should be able to get...so I am looking forward to that. This new 8330 is also capable of video recording whereas the 8310 was not. There are also a number of minor changes to size and weight, etc., that do not warrant mentioning here.
~~Nick Andriash~~
Courtenay, B.C.
Please use plain text.