Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mupel
My Device: Torch 9860 MONZA

Curve 8520 Email attachment problem

Hi, just moved from other section of this forum, please help my problem here

This problem happened to my wife's Curve 8520, handheld seems couldn't attach the file from any other folder except Picture folder, and only could send JPG, or GIF.

the step will just like this

compose an email,
write the recipient address
type the subject
and write whatever messages right.. and so, i would like to attach a file (.doc file)
so i press the menu button and choose "attach file"
however, the notification poped up saying  "The attachment file may be reduced in size."
then it just ask me to select pictures from my pictures directory only, and i was unable to browse my .doc file that is located in my documents directory, since there is no "up" option in the menu.

I'd already asking my carrier to check this thing out, and they said my data plan is working fine and there is no limitation whatsoever on my handheld... all seems looking good and should working fine.

I did wiped my wife's handheld and upgrade the device software to 5.0.0.822 and wipe all the security policy before the upgrade, but the problem is not solved at all... and I'd already asking my friends and they said the problem occasionally happened on BES server not BIS, this was made me confused, my wife NEVER use BES on her curve....

If anyone can help us from this problem, I will surely glad and happy, because I cant seem find the right answer to this problem... Thanks in advance....

Contributor
mupel
My Device: Torch 9860 MONZA

Re: Curve 8520 Email attachment problem

anybody have a solution, please?

New Contributor
liswandi
My Device: Pearl 3G - 9105

I guess not my friend, since your problem also mine too, it occurs on my Pearl 3G 9105. I already post it in this forum and still.....no answer yet....

Super Contributor
drknobs
My Device: 9850

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

Where is this file actually located? On the device memory or on a memory card?

----------------------
"Cats may taste like chicken, but they have more bones than rabbits."

Blackberry 101
Tips & Tricks
Videos to learn from on youtube
keshaandrea
My Device: 9105

Hi Iswandi,

My Pearl 9105 has the same problem with you.

I only can attach jpg file and attach only one jpg file for one email.

Really need help.

- Kesha