Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

susiebabe45
My Device: blackberry 8520

Re: Curve 8520 - Keys Not Functioning

my daughters phone is the same and where i got it from want£170 to repair it and i refuse to but i do need to get it repaired can anyone help me i live in manchester  swinton

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
baz2011
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Same as mine. replaced the screen myself using ebay bits. Screen is now uncracked but problem persists. not to do with screen and ink etc :smileysad:. Might try replacing trackpad. then what?! bin? a*se.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lePlutocrat
My Device: Blackberry 8520 curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

Pluto, Curve 8520 - Keys Not Functioning # CRYING OUT 4 HELP

:smileysad: i want my blk berry working again, same story as every1, my keys are not functioning ANY1 PLEEEEZ HELP

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
baz2011
My Carrier: Orange

Happens when you squash the phone. Eg. Sit on it. ..the shop said. And couldn't be fixed because I had voided warranty. You should have a 2 YEAR WARRANTY. Take it to shop, they should send it away and fix it. I had to buy a new one :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Carley2012
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have Been having the same problem with my blackberry. Over the last few weeks my buttons have started playing up the a, w, s, d and alt button. I have been considering getting a new keyboard for my phone. Does anyone know how I would be able to get the old one off?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gravich
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin mobile

Try this lock then unlock the keypad, this has worked for me on several occasions when keypad has frozen. Sometimes the simple things work best.
Please use plain text.
digitaldaz
My Carrier: O2

Same here also guys. Keys went mad and self type, all sorts of lazy problems, mind of its own, then nothing, timesout, backlight goes off and nothing. Can't even get it back on. took it apart to see whats inside, seems like its a simple press board that sends a signal to the main chip. So in otherwords, Made in China, pay a fortune and then in less that 2 years the phone is useless. Just about sums up the state of things today. 

Tel me why we put up with this nonsense. If you pay £180 for a phone, you expect some good use from it. Not 18 months of constant problems. 

I think we all need to get on to Blackberry's back about this. Anyone up for it?

lol

oh sigh:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archangeldawn
My Device: Not Specified

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the replies and I'm guessing like digitaldaz stated it must be the lousy press board. I dropped my phone yesterday morning at the parking lot, so it just fell on concrete. and EVERY KEY works except the letter "S" ! Some keys I have to slightly press more than others, but they still function. Not having the letter "s" is very annoying when texting.

Any advice?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tkuture
My Device: blackberry curve 8520 HDW-22736
My Carrier: TELECEL

my fone is also the same even side keys are not working wat should i do i tried connecting to my laptop but it ddnt work
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tkuture
My Device: blackberry curve 8520 HDW-22736
My Carrier: TELECEL

remove the battrey for about five days i assure u you wont have any problems when u put back your battrey i did the sameand i have no problems

Please use plain text.