Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
alggomas
My Device: tablet 16gb
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Curve 8520 Last chance to enter password or phone is wiped.

Before entering my password [numbers] I must have pressed the "alt" key or other ones ,and I was asked to enter "blackberry" to continue. Then to password bar., It also said I had fivemore attempts. No luck.

I gave to my daughter. No luck. Anway there are no more stars [astericks] I can see what I type. When I type my numbers for my password ,letters come up instead and I cannot get into my phone.

Suggestions please only have one more go.

To see if I can get my contacts etc off my sim card can I put the sim into another phone, connect to computer and save to file?

From the  blackberry bold forum a similar case.

Told to switch off for  five minutes and try again.

My problem is why the letters when I am pressing the numbers? is the "alt" stuck? Or do I have to press "alt" before entering the nimbers. This has not happened before and do not have to press the alt to enter them. I was just unfortunate to touch another key just as I was or just before I entered my password numbers.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 8520 Last chance to enter password or phone is wiped.

Hi alggomas

Don't know if you already tried your last attempt , If your device is asking for the password then you have to enter the correct password that you have set,If you have a mixture of different characters in your password,then I think  you are not able to properly enter those on the BlackBerry  keyboard. For example , if your password is

• alggomas123
  • And you enter a > l > g > g> o > m > a > s> alt > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• alggomas1er
  • You must enter
  • a > l > g > g > o > m > a > s > alt > 1 > alt > 2 > alt > 3

to get alggomas123 on your device. So, while on the BlackBerry  keyboard you think you are typing alggomas123, you are actually typing alggomas1er

alggomas wrote:

To see if I can get my contacts etc off my sim card can I put the sim into another phone, connect to computer and save to file?

All contacts are stored on our device memory not on SIM Card unless you previously saved or copied those contact to your SIM .Also a device wipe will not delete the contacts that are stored on your SIM card.

alggomas wrote:

From the  blackberry bold forum a similar case.

Told to switch off for  five minutes and try again.

My problem is why the letters when I am pressing the numbers? is the "alt" stuck? Or do I have to press "alt" before entering the nimbers. This has not happened before and do not have to press the alt to enter them. I was just unfortunate to touch another key just as I was or just before I entered my password numbers.

If you think that your alt key is locked then perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On. A NUM lock will release after a battery pull restart.

You have to press the alt key before entering those numbers.So please take your time and make sure what you are typing on your device .If it fails then if you have a previous backup of your device or if you were using BlackBerry protect then you can restore your data from those backups

Good luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alggomas

Hello aagin.

Thanks for all your help. I managed to put in my correct password. I was misdirected by one of my friends earler and pressed alt before my password!

Anyway, now that I have put in the correct password on my final attempt does this mean I have another 10 attempts or do I have to re-enable the "attempts" somehow?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello alggomas

So nice to hear that you are able to enter the correct password and avoided a device wipe :smileyhappy:   If you got accessed  the device after entering the correct password then it will return to its original stat i;e will get another 10 attempts , so you don't have to uanble anything, still you check if it set to maximum ( 10 ) .

Please always do a Complete  Backup of your device to avoid such situations, you can use BlackBerry Desktop Software and also BlackBerry Protect to do this , Have a look at this wonderful article related to Backup  : Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE! 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Heather258
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3G

Hi there

You might be able to help me. Im having the same problem that youve had. Im on my last attempt and darent put my password in for if it swipes everything.

Its asking me to type Blackberry which i have then when i come to put my password in its saying incorrect.

If my password is 1234 how should i put this in because at the moment is coming up as wers. Ive also tried alt 1 alt 2 alt 3 alt 4 but this doesnt seem to work either.

Please help

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alggomas

Hope this will help you!

Right, if you can see what you type it means that the blackberry software knows you are having problems so it shows you what you type in order to try and jog your memory.

This is important. When you PREVIOUSLY typed in the password [When you first set up the phone] ,  did you press alt  before typing it in? Or did you just type in without pressing the alt?

Here is the reason : Password : 1234      You have to press alt then 1 alt then 2 alt then 3 alt then 4

If it is a mix of numbers and letters [ I would not use as too much work to enter!] you have to be careful.

Say Password is :  a1b2  :    press a then alt then 1 press b  press alt then 2.

When I set up my password my daughter said use letters as password and then said it was easier to remember the corresponding numbers .

Example:  my password is wers [can be difficult to remember]   instead you think 1234 ! So although your password is wers you hit the 1234 keys, [ wers comes up but usually you do not see as the stars cover it!]

You could have the same problem as me. Because  it was a long time ago when I set up password, I always remember my password as 1234 [ althought it was wers] when the letters come up you think it is wrong and expect to see numbers!

Sorry it is long winded.

If it does wipe all it means is all info is wiped off phone , not the sim card. You just have to re-enter all your contacts again [back up next time]. You may also have to contact sim card supplier o start blackberry services again.

Let me know what happens. ASk again if this is confusing!

Please use plain text.