Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mmmari
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
Accepted Solution

Curve 8520 OS 6 Update?

Just wondering if the OS6 is compatible with my curve? Would it cause any problems or slow down my phone? I'm looking for themes and I want some that are only compatible with OS6.

New Contributor
coprey
My Device: Curve 3G 9300

Re: Curve 8520 OS 6 Update?

No I don't think it is compatible. Your phone doesn't have enough built in memory to run it. Os5 is as high as you can go I think. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will confirm this.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

coprey wrote:
No I don't think it is compatible. Your phone doesn't have enough built in memory to run it. Os5 is as high as you can go I think. Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will confirm this.

This is correct. As an 8520 user I'm not un happy. By the time my BB is due for upgrade, hopefully all the issues with OS 6 will have been sorted.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
xylax
My Device: Cuirve 8520

I just received an OS 6 update on the Desktop Software even if the software detect my phone as 8520. Anyone tried this already? Not sure if I would say yes on the update...

Super Contributor
huntmarv
My Device: Not Specified

Seriously... I do not think I would want OS 6... Alot of good apps I have seen in the stores will not work on that version... Just my opinion... I keep the factory theme in my phone... Heck if u download bing, you can get all the free wallpaper you want just by doing an image search and taking a screenshot which works very well for most pics... Opt to resize the picture for your screen before taking the screenshot... I'm a huge Indy Colts fan and have gotten several GREAT wallpapers that way...
Trusted Contributor
GTWalling
My Device: 8520

xylax wrote:

I just received an OS 6 update on the Desktop Software even if the software detect my phone as 8520. Anyone tried this already? Not sure if I would say yes on the update...

That is not the 8520 OS but the Desktop Software being updated to Version 6.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

GTWalling wrote:

xylax wrote:

That is not the 8520 OS but the Desktop Software being updated to Version 6.

Exactly, and the version of the Desktop Software and the version of your handheld software have no relation.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
kuroneko
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Bing? you meant like Microsoft Bing?
Rubensteezy
My Device: Blackberry 8520 (Curve EDGE)

my favorite part is how the 9200 has the same amount of memory as the 8520 and 8530
but the only reason is to give the lower hardware users insentive to buy a new blackberry (which is fine...but annoying)

in my opinion just wait till OS 8 when us 8520/8530 users dont need a Theme to look good

but heres a link until then
u must access this link on ur blackberry
and trust me people
like im gonna post a virus on a site that knows my PIN and Phone number and carrier and my NAME

OS6 Pretend 

lalooshy
My Device: curve

if i want to download it from where ?? >_<