Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nowonga
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: cellc

Re: Curve 8520 Wi Fi.

Hi ppl I'm struggling set wi-fi on 8520 curve, I did try advice cldn't work anyone can help me with detailed info pls
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
daisyfornaliza
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: red mobile

guys please do help me. last week my wifi is doing perfect. then this day i tried connecting to wifi. it connects to the hotspot but when im now using the web browser it says "cant find the requested server". i dont have data plans but i can use its wifi. but now it wont. i dont know what to do.pls help
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mur_phy
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and have had it for a couple years. I seldom use the phone and in fact probably have used it once in the past 8-9 months. However, after chatting with someone today it was brought to my attention that I should be able to access the internet without using a data plan which I have no intention of purchasing when I use the device so little.

I have set up a connection and followed the instructions from the Blackberry .pdf manual as to know that it is connected by seeing a flashing green light. However, there seems to be no way to browse the internet from the built in browser.

I spoke for some time with Blackberry tech support with Rogers and was told I need a data plan. Continued searching and found this article  http://www.ehow.com/how_4537240_using-wifi-data-plan-t.html which give info about how to set things up without data plan but much of what it says does not even show up on my Curve. Eg. the info spoken of in tcp is not there now so no need to remove the info.  2. no mention of wifi browser but default browser is Hotspot browser with no other choices and same for the next place the same thing is spoken of.

Right now this device is a basically a very expensive glorified address book used only for emergencies. would have been nice to have internet access. When I go to the globe and type in an url, I receive the following message "This is a WI-FI service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi conection and try again" Well, the only way I have found to be sure of an active connection is to see the green led flash which is what the manual says it should do so I have to assume I have an active connection so the message makes no sense at all.

If anyone has an idea as to what to do or what mistake I may be making, please advise as so far I'm running out of options.

TIA

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry curve 9300
My Carrier: 919035806177

even i am facing the same problem 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mur_phy
My Carrier: Rogers

I gave up on the Blueberry a couple years ago and have gone to a Motorola smartphone with Android. I still don't use the phone a lot but it works well and with a wifi connection, TalkATone works great and offers free long distance in Canada and the US. Also there are a lot of other features too. Blueberry lack of figuing things out cost lots of us $ as stockholders. Bet the previous owner is glad he is not struggling to afford a hockey team too. Hope you find something to use as an alternative.

Please use plain text.