Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chrischr99
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Curve 8520 email verification

I've had three email accounts on my Curve 8520 for a couple of years with no problems, but recently on two of them I received notification to verify them by re-entering my password. I did this but my passwords came back as not valid but I know they are correct as I'm receiving copies of my emails from these accounts on other devices. One of the accounts is with outlook.com and the other is with hotmail.co.uk, both with Microsoft. The outlook.com email address is on an android phone and is working OK which seems to suggest it might be a problem with Blackberry. Does anyone know how to sort this out? I would hate to have to move over to an android phone as I like my Blackberry. Thanks  

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
arthur72
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.2.1.3175), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Curve 8520 email verification

Hi and Welcome

I'd suggest to delete those two emails accounts, reboot (battery pull when the device is powered on) and re-create those emails accounts.

Cheers and good luck.
New Contributor
chrischr99

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm afraid it didn't work. I wonder if I should get on to Hotmail.co.uk and Outlook.com and see what they have to say.

Please use plain text.
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

I am having exactly the same problem as of this past Thursday with my "hotmail.co.uk" account which has worked absolutely fine for the past four years and Orange can't help.... and I can't find a UK contact for BB.

Grr...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrischr99

I've tried to contact the support guys at Hotmail.co.uk but as yet no reply. I've had to now access my hotmail email account via the browser on my mobile which although not ideal I can see my messages on the move and reply to them if required. I'm sure I can do the same with my outlook.com email account.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

This is not BlackBerry's fault... Microsoft requires the password verification every six months from what I understand.

Go to your email webmail accounts on a PC, re-enter the password and then you should be fine.

On your BlackBerry, doing the same should suffice, make sure you are entering the password with any numerals correctly.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the advice...

I have been through what you have suggested already and have no problems accessing hotmail.co.uk from another smart phone, web, PC or laptop (Including deleting and re-adding my account on the devices). The other smartphone is on an EE network as well, so I still suspect that this is something on Blackberry's side.

Any other ideas would be most welcome.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrischr99

I've changed my password back with Hotmail.co.uk and tried to re-instate  the email account on my blackberry, but still not working and yet email verrification for the same email account is not requiired on an android mobile with no problems with messages. This would seem to suggest problem might be with Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

You can do the validation from a PC if you like:

How to re-validate Windows Live Hotmail, MSN, and Bell Sympatico email integrations 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

I see in another thread this morning, a user has posted his solution. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Unable-to-validate-email-account/m-p/2813006...

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.