Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
orion212
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Digicel

Curve 8520 not reconnecting to jvm

my friend blackberry is stuck at this stage and we've tried everything except using another computer. we tried nojvm but the option is not showing on my laptop for unknown pin so theres no way to bypass this. ive been at this for days now and dont know what else to do. is there something we're not doing right or we should be doing/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

Re: Curve 8520 not reconnecting to jvm

Well now the phone would just restarts about two times and the red led light would blink for like 5 times with a long pause. There's no more app error with the reset option nor the 513 error. This is a real pain... especially when the update process is almost 3/4, that app loader unable to connect keeps showing up
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi orion212

Welcome to Support Forums

It seems you already tried a few things , You can also try it over another PC as you mentioned it might help, Also try a few things and see if that help :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Or 

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

As a last resort :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state.

If all fails the I think as a last option visit any Mobile repair shop and see if they can work it out.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

thanks for the info but u wont believe this lol the phone came back on! i was up all night till something to 4am trying to load the software in b4 a posted here and i had app loader and desktop manager both running at the same time and i saw that app loader managed to load it but with one module having an error. but the phone didnt came out just reload with the blinking red light but i took the battery out and just installed it and it came on! but ill keep ur solution in mind in case it trip on us :manlol:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey orion212

That's a great news :smileyhappy: Because this reconnecting to JVM phase is one of the most crucial part where most device fails and you are lucky one .

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

thanks! i was already to give up on it but i got the message... wait it just shut down on me and the red led light is blinking once again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
orion212

ok ive managed to get the software back on the phone but now the phone is shutting down after awhile and takes forever to power on. if i take the battery out and inserted the phone to a wall outlet or my computer, they dont pick it up unless i unplug and plug in back the charger or usb... i have to do that alot before i can get something from it. what is causing the phone to behave like that? ive used other batteries from other 8520 and its the same thing

Please use plain text.