Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

dragoncurt
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: Curve 8520 stuck on a "white screen of death"

HI the problem i have is that i have the white screen and done the part of downloading Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device. but when i try and install it it says put in password in phone and my sister can not remember the password and i can not see what i am typing as the phone has a white screen.
Could you please help as i do not know what to do and i am not able to get a new phone as i already have this one, Thanks Curtis
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Natzy89
My Device: blackberry 8520

hi everyone, i've had my blackberry 8520, 3 yrs nw. A week ago i changed to a new network and everything on the phone worked perfectly. Since this morning the phone gave me a white blank sceen. Everytime i reboot, the phone starts up perfectly but as soon as i set the time after verifying security software, the screen goes blank , no loading , nothing just a white screen. I took the sim out and rebooted without a sim and everythg is fine, no white screen. Pls help. I dont know what to do!
Please use plain text.
DanWilson
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Hi, i did what you said but i am stuck on no.4 nothing is coming up in the dropdown box.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

DanWilson wrote:

Hi, i did what you said but i am stuck on no.4 nothing is coming up in the dropdown box.

Dan, have you tried the instructions in this Message 130 ?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vivek_rf
My Device: Curve 8520

Dear, i was trying to use your method but when i past link mentioned by you in run and continue it asked for my device password to connect...i correctly input my device password but it is showing wrong and asking password again and again....firther to this i have not seen blackberry with no pin in drop down while connecting it was showing my blackberry pin when i tried to connect and later asked password..please help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vivek_rf

Dear JSanders, i have tried your method but when i reached at step 5 i have seen the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then when i tried to download Blackberry's Operating System for my carrier and device bu using bellow mentioned link.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

i can't find this webpage. hen i can't find this webpage. "The webpage at http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address" error message came...please help me, i want to use my blackberry again after resolving this white screen issue. thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vivek_rf

Dear JSanders,

I followed your method till step 5 and then completed lenghty process after that...but still facing same problem...white screen on my device...please help me...Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

vivek_rf wrote:

firther to this i have not seen blackberry with no pin in drop down while connecting it was showing my blackberry pin when i tried to connect and later asked password..please help

That is fine if it shows your password... proceed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

vivek_rf wrote:

i can't find this webpage. hen i can't find this webpage. "The webpage at http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address" error message came...please help me, i want to use my blackberry again after resolving this white screen issue. thanks.

Yes, that webpage is no longer available. Use this site:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
omegaguy
My Device: BB Curve 8520

Hey guys, I am by no means a pro but I had the same problem (WSOD) for 2 days and with the BB off I connected it to it's AC/DC charger and powered it up. It came up perfectly fine. That may have been coincidental though.

Please use plain text.