If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 8520 stuck on a "white screen of death"

mikemock wrote:
Good Answer!! thought maybe there is a driver or somthing that i can istall to get my pc to recognise my BB!

Well, yes, there could be... but doing that would be included in "everything", right? Everything is just so... so all inclusive of all possible solutions. It just sorta closes the conversation, that you've tried every possible solution.

You can delete the BlackBerry Desktop Software, reboot and reinstall.

You can reinstall maybe an older Desktop software version 5, and try?

Also, have you tried BBSAK to detect the device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikemock
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: GO MOBILE

No have not tried BBSAK??? what is it and how do i do that please?

Thanks once again

MM

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You can try to use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:  http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Hannahb93x
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Nothing is working at all for me :-( I need really serious help please :-( I'm lost without my bb :-( someone please help me,

Please use plain text.
Contributor
spiderman1
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: giffgaff/02

[ Edited ]

these are the worst phones ever!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wiaanlr
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: CellC

Hi There, maybe you can help with my problem... I almost have the same issue as Jewelery7, I did an update on my phone for my Facebook messenger and was requested to reboot, once rebooted the phone came on at the startup page and the white bar started sliding up until approx. 60% and then freezes. I followed the steps you mentioned but at step4 when clicking on "next" it also freezes. I re-installed the loader but did not help. Is there some kind of reset button?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spiderman1

[ Edited ]

hi
yes there is a couple of ways to reset soft reset  if you press the far left hand side alt button then the bottom right aA arrow up button under the $ button and then press and hold the right hand side delete button all together so its like alt shift delete on your p.c hold that when you switch phone on and its starting up you will see the red light come on then hold it and reset once for soft reset do it twice for hard reset theres a link on youtube showing you if you dont get my instructions.
Then theres a way to get into the safe mode settings if your phone has frozen by takeing the batt out then put back in when you see red light come on hold down the return key next to the red off button hold it for a long time while the phone goes right threw the start up if it works you will see a selection come up saying that your phone is in the safe operating mode you want to stay on that mode and try and rectifie your problem from there.Good luck.hope that helps ...

Please use plain text.
jordanfitza2696
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

On step 4 "In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button." My drop-down menu says "USB-PIN:" then says my actual pin instead of unknown, any help?!?!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
spiderman1

same as mine?

Please use plain text.
suveerb
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

what WORKED for me was ... connecting my phone through the USB port to a computer. I did this in a net cafe at a random computer.

then I  took out my battery for a minute and reinserted it. it took a few minutes to start but the white screen went away and the phone went back to its previous state.

I'm still going to reinstall/update the software when i get a chance!!!

Please use plain text.