Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mccrumd
My Device: Curve 8520

Curve 8520 synchronisation

When I am synchronising between my phone and my laptop, if there is a conflict, the software asks me whether I want the data on the phone or the laptop to take priority in the synchronisation. 

However, if there is more than one conflict it does not allow me to give a different preference in respect of each conflict.  I often want the phone data to take priority in respect of one conflict, and the laptop data top take priority with respect to the other.  Can anyone help me?

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Curve 8520 synchronisation

[ Edited ]

Hello mccrumd, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Are you currently using the latest version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software? If not you can download the latest version by going to www.BlackBerry.com/Desktopmanager  With the latest version of the software you will see the items that have conflicts on the left hand side, once you select an item you will have the option to not sync, use device info or use computer info. Once you make your selection you then select the next conflict on the left hand side and choose how you want to resolve the conflict. 

Hope this helps. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
mccrumd
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Curve 8520 synchronisation

Thank you for this.  I can see the list of conflicts on the right hand side, and when I run the cursor over each one, it turnsf into the hand symbol, but when I left-click on the conflict, it does not highlight that conflict.  I.e. there seems to be no way that I can isolate each conflict so that each one can be dealt withdifferently.

Am I doing something wrong?