Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

emmer
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Curve 8520: white screen and won't power up unless plugged into charger?

I've had my Curve 8520 for around 15 months now, in fact this is either the 3rd or 4th one I've had as all the others developed faults and were replaced by O2 while still under warranty.  For the last few days, right when I'm in the middle of something, the whole screen will go white and all buttons become unresponsive.  My first thought was to do a battery pull which led me to the normal startup screen with the loading bar, however when the loading bar gets to around halfway, the phone powers off again.  Won't switch on using the power button and battery pull just starts the same cycle again.

The first couple of times it happened, my battery had been quite low and I thought the power needed to boot up had just zapped what little power was left in the battery but last night my phone was on almost full charge and the same thing happened.  The only way I can get the phone to then go on is if I plug it into my mains charger.

I've found threads on here and other forums with similar problems, but not exactly the same and none making reference to having to plug into the mains.

I really can't afford a new phone right now so I'm hoping this is fixable!  Could a replacement battery be in order?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 8520: white screen and won't power up unless plugged into charger?

emmer wrote:

For the last few days, right when I'm in the middle of something, the whole screen will go white and all buttons become unresponsive.  My first thought was to do a battery pull which led me to the normal startup screen with the loading bar, however when the loading bar gets to around halfway, the phone powers off again.  Won't switch on using the power button and battery pull just starts the same cycle again.

The first couple of times it happened, my battery had been quite low and I thought the power needed to boot up had just zapped what little power was left in the battery but last night my phone was on almost full charge and the same thing happened.  The only way I can get the phone to then go on is if I plug it into my mains charger.

Hello emmer

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

From what you described , my assumption is the problem is within your battery or the battery is too weak ! before going for a new battery I suggest if you can barrow or arrange a good fully charged BlackBerry battery then test it on your device. The test will reveal and let you know if the problem is within your battery or the device itself. If device works well well within a good battery then you can simply order a new battery which will fix your issue .

If problem remains then it's a device issue and for that you can try a OS reload which might fix this problem .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.