Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
BryanH
My Carrier: Virgin

Curve 8520 will it bridge to Playbook

I was intending to buy a Playbook but am not sure if my Curve 8520 is able to "Bridge" and would like confirmation or otherwise please.  Thanks in anticipation.  BryanH

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359

Re: Curve 8520 will it bridge to Playbook

Its on the supported list:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19435

Your phone has to have 5.0.0 or higher insalled.  if you need to upgrade the software on your phone, go here:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/installpc.jsp

My Carrier: O2

Hi. I had probs installing the Bridge software even though I had  Ver 5 software on my  Curve 8520. It seems that I needed the latest version of  App World (and as a consequence Blackberry ID). This was not given as the reason that the page failed to open though, annoyingly! Just lots of  failes retrys.  Once updates installed though my 8520 would then open up on the Blackberry website Bridge download page. It's taking a while to download now (please wait...) but at least it's trying.

Hope this helps.

Mo

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BryanH
My Carrier: Virgin

Thanks Mo, I fixed it soon after with the update and thought I had updated this thread.

Please use plain text.