Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
myplusone
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Curve 8520 won't turn on all the way, please help!

I have a blackberry curve 8520, i bought it last month sometime.

I woke up yesterday morning and the balckberry was off, and would not switch on after i pushed down the ON button. So I charged it for a while, and still, it wouldnt switch on. Then, i took it off charge, took out the battery put the battery back in and it rebooted. The loading bar went right to the end, and the logo of my service provider appeared. And that's when it stopped loading. All that will show is the logo, it wont turn off, unless i take the battery out again.

I had downloaded an app the night before it stopped working off appworld, could that have affected it? I tried to link it to my computer, but it wont let me remove or add applications.

I did take out the battery for hours, and the SD card. It still wiil only turn on until my service provider's logo.

PLEASE HELP! Any advice would be helpful. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Curve 8520 won't turn on all the way, please help!

[ Edited ]

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

Does the phone allow you to enter the password to unlock? From what you say it seems there is a problem with the OS on your phone. Not sure where you bought it from, if it was from Vodacom you can take it to them so that they can check where the problem is or re-install the OS for you. If you bought it from a third party or on the street you might need to do the software update on your own, download the software by Clicking Here, after download follow the steps mentioned Here to do a clean install of the Operation system. From then on it should work if it is that a rogue app killed your phone. Good luck and remember if you follow the steps here correctly you will make it. If you are scared to do it rather visit the Vodacom Support.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
myplusone

Thanks so much,
It's taking ages though.
It's been on four bars "connecting to device" for almost 20 minutes now... Is it possble it's frozen? Should i just wait it out? My phone is currently showing the service providers logo again, but there isn't that symbol where it shows it's connected to the computer? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
myplusone

Thank you both SO much

Manage to get my BlackBerry up and running again - it was a software problem! and all it needed was a simple update :smileyhappy: 

Thanks again! 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Great, good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pinkbunni
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco

My daughter has a blackberry curve 9300. She rebooted it as it froze on her but now it wont reboot. It gets 3/4 of the way then reboots again. Ive tried to do an update with blackberry desktop software but it wont let me as it cant connect to the device. I tried to restore it back to factory settings with jl_cmder but yet again cant do so as the device wont connect. If someone could help i would be really greatful. Thank you in advance :smileyhappy: Any advice would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

pinkbunni wrote:

My daughter has a blackberry curve 9300. She rebooted it as it froze on her but now it wont reboot. It gets 3/4 of the way then reboots again. Ive tried to do an update with blackberry desktop software but ....

You have another thread posted here:  http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Curve-9300-won-t-turn-on-all-the-way-please-...

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
yollysjanga
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: MTN

I have used the advicve you gave but my blackberry 8520 still won't turn on and my pc tells that there is no software on my device plz help I'm goin out of my mind without my phone how can update the software when it won't turn on only turn on to a certain piont of the bar and stops there
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Try starting up in SafeMode.

Article ID: KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17877

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.