Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
BBCurve8530
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: 8434714751

Curve 8530 C-S2 battery

Hello,

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a BRAND NEW (never used or fooled with) BlackBerry C-S2 battery for my BB Curve 8530?  I realize that its time for a new phone, but all I need is the battery for now.

I cannot find it on ShopBlackBerry, I have tried 2 refurbished batteries from CrackBerry, and I don't want to get an off brand or a refurbished battery from Amazon.  Does BlackBerry even produce these batteries any longer since the phone is so old?

Sprint, my wireless provider, has the C-S2 battery (Sprint.com Item # RAC5036) for $44.99.  I would hope that for this price these are new batteries, but I do not know for certain and I wanted to ask the community before I purchased it.  

Thank you for your suggestions. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Curve 8530 C-S2 battery

at crackberry they sell authentic blackberry products.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBCurve8530
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: 8434714751

Re: Curve 8530 C-S2 battery

Thanks for your response. To date, I have purchased two "new" batteries from Crackberry. They also sell batteries they call "A-Stock", which have been previously used for a couple dollars less then the batteries they claim are new.

These non-"A-Stock" batteries which are supposedly new batteries, don't maintain a decent charge for a full year. The current battery that I purchased in January is showing signs of rapid discharge even while in standby mode with no background running apps.

I am aware of signal strength and that using the phone indoors can drain the battery, but I am in a high signal strength area, so that shouldn't be a factor. I hope that a new BB C-S2 battery from my wireless provider will have more endurance for a longer time.
Please use plain text.