Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

Curve 8530 Turning on Mobile Network causes device to crash and reboot

Hey guys,

So I use a Blackberry Curve 8530 and I have been having serious problems for the last two weeks.  Every time I try to turn on my "Mobile Network" in Manage Connections, the device crashes then tries to reboot.  It will continue trying to reboot until the progress bar in the Blackberry loading screen is full, then crashes again.  It will do this until the battery is entirely drained.  Because a drained battery causes the Mobile Network to automatically shut off, I can then plug the phone back into charge and it will turn on and be fine - until I try to turn on the Mobile Network, upon which the process repeats itself.  Has anyone experienced this problem before?  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  Any help is much appreciated.  Here is my device info:

Device info

Your carrier: Telus

Model info and OS version:  BlackBerry 8530, v5.0.0.386

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace: 103829099 Bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Apps installed and their version if possible. None.

BT device model/version (you will have to look at the BT device): ?

Much thanks,

Marshall

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: orange spain

Re: Curve 8530 Turning on Mobile Network causes device to crash and reboot

Having the same problem with my Torch 9810, already did upgrade of OS and total reset as well, took out all apps, nothing helps, PLEASE HELP!