Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
xMickix
My Device: Curve 8900

Curve 8900 Screen Keeps Going White

My curve 8900 keeps getting a blank white screen & I don't know why..

It worked while being plugged in & after unplugging it, when the battery loses 1 bar it goes white again

But I tried updating it last night (leaving it plugged in all night) & when I woke up the screen was blank & wouldn't work at all 

PLEASE HELP! 

Is it a screen problem? Or do I need a new battery? Or is it both?

Thanks in advance for the help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xMickix

Re: Curve 8900 Screen Keeps Going White

Here's my info: 

v5.0.0.900

File free: 92377068 Bytes

Battery pull did not fix my issue

My phone has dropped many times but the blank screen hasn't shown up until a while after

There is a line in the top right hand corner of the screen, like a really thin crack

It came back on after plugging it in into my computer but the screen still goes white after half a battery bar is gone

Please help me

Please use plain text.
daniellecomrie
My Device: 8900 curve.

mine is doing the exact same thing!:smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
lindsey28
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

i have the same problem with my blackberry 8900 curve rollerball it keeps going white and then killing my battery life even if its been charged all night itl go white and rinse the battery,really frustrating any advice people x :Yes:

Please use plain text.
lindsey28
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

did u get any help??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xMickix

It turned out that my blackberry battery was swollen which caused the screen to go white. Apparently putting it to charge for long periods of time all the time caused it to do so. I bought a new battery and now my phone works fine

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ilovevegans
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

you need a new battery,mine kept doing that too,and having other irritating little problems...mine would do that taking a picture most of the time,then i would charge it and it would reboot okay...without charging it,the reboot was odd and woud go back to  white screen screen....fully charging the battery ended that problem.,i mean it would go to a regular screeen and work right and not reboot and go back to the white screen[i always pulledt the battery,it would reboot to a white screen and the reboot wasn't a normal reboot...it was very slow and then finished the last bit very fast when the white bar filled[at the last one/tenth of the bar]....it's a battery issue. Charge the old one,get  a new one.

Please use plain text.