Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
diegobrucie
My Device: Not Specified

Curve 8900 won't read memory card photos, videos etc.

I've had my Curve for about a month. I bought a 8GB Kingston Micro S card for it. Recently I took a fair number of photos and videos with that card in the Curve, then viewed them on the phone, emailed them to friends, etc. It worked beautifully. I didn't have a cable to download the photos to my computer, so I took the card out of my phone and tried to use the adapter it came with, but didn't have the right sized plug to connect that adapter to my computer. When I put the memory card back into the Curve, the Curve doesn't recognize that there's a memory card there. I've tried it about 5 times. I've rebooted the phone. I've taken the battery out and put it back in. Nothing makes it work. Why is such a **bleep** critical component of such an expensive device so damned tempermental???? I am supremely frustrated right now. Give me a harvest gold dial phone at my desk and I swear, I'll be fine.

Can anyone offer me some guidance as to how to get my Curve to once again read the memory card?  Thank you! 

Please use plain text.
tmoe2387
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Curve 8900 won't read memory card photos, videos etc.

hey- I just got my curve 8900 yesterday. It came pre-installed with a 256 MB micro sd card. I noticed when I powered up the phone it said no SD card was installed. So i removed it and put in a 1 Gig card that I have. Still nothing. I called my carrier and they said my phone isn't reading sd cards and to do the exchange. I know you posted this in April and it is now August but I was googling my butt off yesterday for a solution and came across your troubles and didnt wanna leave you hanging. I hope you already solved your problem with your 8900.

Take care.

Please use plain text.
gangsta9
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: t-mobile

go to option. then memory and then just turn media card support :smileyvery-happy:

its soo easyyy

Please use plain text.
T-mang
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

what do i press cuz i try everything to turn it on but it would not

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

T-mang wrote:

what do i press cuz i try everything to turn it on but it would not

hello T-Mang,

please go to :

home screen >> options >> memory.

you get to a page, can you copy here the whole content of the page (except the numbers in the bottom part) ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
alishah6620
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: indigo

I FACED THE SAME PROBLEM...
BUT SOON SOLVED ..
MENU > OPTIONS >MEMORY >MEDIA CARD SUPPORT >ON..
Please use plain text.