Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
duafalak
My Device: Blackberry curve 9220, April 2012 make
My Carrier: DNS distribution Pvt Ltd

Curve 9220 Restarting again and again

Hi I have a blkberry curve 9220 model and its been 10 months i have been using it...but since last 1 month my phone has started getting rebooted it self.

It suddenly blacks out wd the red light flashing and then it goes off...and i have to take out the battery and restart it.

at times it gets restarted and again goes off instantly..with crossing the limit that the phone gets restarted 10 times in an hr!!!!!

Plzzzzzz help...its really irritating..!!

Can anyone suggest a probable cause or solution to this!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9220 Restarting again and again

Hello duafalak

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The problem might be because of any Installed third party application or the media card can you try removing the media card to see if that helps !

If that fails I would suggest you to Reload the OS to rule out any Software issue , But after reload leave all third party application for a few days to see if they are the culprit ,Use a selective restore i;e only Contacts and calender entries don't install any apps from your backup.If problem don't appear  install only BlackBerry Native apps. So first do a backup using Desktop Software then Reload your device Software , for help refer to this Knowledge base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
duafalak
My Device: Blackberry curve 9220, April 2012 make
My Carrier: DNS distribution Pvt Ltd

not helping.....

I gave my phone to blackberry expert center...for cheking...and they asked me to get a new battery as they claimed my battery was damaged...

Even formatted my Phone..

I just replaced my battery and reloaded my backup, removed the media card...and the phone is still restarting!!!!!

PLZ GIVE A SOLUTION DAT WORKS!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

duafalak wrote:

I gave my phone to blackberry expert center...for cheking...and they asked me to get a new battery as they claimed my battery was damaged...

Even formatted my Phone..

I just replaced my battery and reloaded my backup, removed the media card...and the phone is still restarting!!!!!

Hello duafalak

Then It might be a hardware issue  ! If you device is still under warranty then ask your Carrier or Service Provider for a replacement .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
naseeb_lucky
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: vodafone

hi duafalak

i am facing same problem with my blackberry curve 9220 , some one said this is battery problem so i had placed the order of battery as you said that ,nothing worth to change battery ,,so could you please tell me have you fixed problem or not if you fixed it please give your kindly suggestion
thanking you
Please use plain text.