If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Indranil7117
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Curve 9220 getting hung during incoming calls

My Curve 9220 is getting hung sometimes when a call comes in. No key reacts. Only thing I am able to do is shutting the phone down, taking out the cell and reinserting. After that its working fine again. As of now its only during incoming calls. How I can fix it?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9220 getting hung during incoming calls

Hi Indranil7117

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Whenever you see or feel any Unusual on your BlackBerry Smartphone always perform a Battery pull restart ,It fixes most glitches within our BlackBerry Device.Do it like this While Device is POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

Look at this Article it might help : Battery pulls on your BlackBerry - when, why and how

I hope it will help.let us know if you have any problem

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

Prince,

I had tried the battery pull out a number of times. As I mentioned yesterday, it was getting hung during incoming calls. Since today morning it is getting hung up showing something like this after browsing : 'Supplementary service error : General error' And this is recurring even after battery pull out rebooting. What is happening?

And honestly it is a pain to pull out the battery every hour. Please suggest.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil7117

How often and when you are getting that error message did you get the same error while doing a call or text message ? Do you get that same error when using any other BlackBerry application like BBM ,Facebook for BlackBerry ,twitter etc. If not then try inserting that Same SIM on any another BlackBerry to see if that error appear.

If you search the Forums you will notice that sometime replacing the SIM with a new one helps .But before replacing I suggest try it on another BlackBerry to see if the problem is within the SIM card or the device itself.If its the device then I suggest contact your service provider to look for warranty options if you have.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

I went to a Vodafone store to get this checked. They opined that my BlackBerry Internet service (BIS) is coupled with Vodafone Live (for non BB users to access net), which by default should have gone when BIS is activated. They manually deactivated Vodafone Live after which, at least, no balance is getting deducted from main balance. My hanset was getting hung particularly when the network messege was uploaded on screen. So, this has solved only a part of the problem.

I observed that the handset is still getting hung during an incoming call when EDGE is active (when the little arrow on the extreme top right corner of the screen moves). I am keeping data service deactivated till I need to get it active. Let me get through this experiment and will keep the forum posted. Any comments / suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil7117

Its good if one part of our problem has been solved and regarding your device hangs ,As a battery pull is unable to solve the problem then please make sure no applications are running in background Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article and see if that helps :

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

So go through it and if that does not help let us know .

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

Prince,

I have tried and checked almost all parameters. The issue has now boiled down to just one thing : if the handset is idle for some time, during incoming calls it is getting hung. Nothing else. Everything else is otherwise smooth as of now. Browsing, text, outgoing calls, Facebook app everything looks OK. So what to do now?

One more thing I will like to know : I have downloaded Whats App and within a day I got a notification about upgradation, which I have done. Has it got anything to do with Whats App? It is the only 3rd party application I have in my handset. Please advise.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil7117

Its good that issues are now narrowing ! To know if Whats Apps is responsible try uninstalling that Application for a few days and see the result for yourself.If problem does not appear within that time then you had to consider that this application is responsible for recent problem ,So I think you must try that option also as you are already trying every effort to resolve the issue.

So will wait and look forward for your progress.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

Prince,

I have uninstalled Whats App from my set to check if that is the issue. The set restarted and within a few minutes a call came in it got hung. I did a battery pull out when the phone is powered on and restarted. After that a call came in I was able to answer. That was yesterday. Today morning a call came in it got hung. As I have mentioned earlier everything else is working smoothly. What do you suggest me to do now?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil 7117

Which  OS bundle is on your device 7.1.0.xxx. ? Options > Device > About Device Version > first set of numbers on the third line

Prince

Please use plain text.