Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Indranil7117
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Curve 9220 getting hung during incoming calls

7.1 Bundle 1137 (v7.1.0.337, Platform 9.50.0.28)

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Indranil

Two thing I can suggest ,First you can try a Clean Reload of your device software , Secondly there are two higher OS bundle available for your device one from Redington India which is 7.1.0.523 and the next is 7.1.0.746 from Indosat . I suggest the second option because Updating OS bundle might fix those issue that you are having.

Before trying any of the above step the Most Important is a Complete Device Backup ,If you want to perform a Clean Reload then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

If you want to Update your device OS then follow this :

1.If you want to use  Redington India download it from here Redington (India) Limited  Or if you want the most recent  from Indosat  download it from here Indosat .Download the OS  and Install it in your PC or Laptop .

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

So please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

Thanks. Two clarifications needed. 

1. Does warranty becomes null and void if I do the OS update myself?

2. I find 2 options in INDOSAT. (A) Package Version: 7.1.0.2102 where Applications: 7.1.0.746 (which you have suggested) and (B) Package Version: 7.1.0.1137 where Applications: 7.1.0.337. As I can see from my device I have (B) currently installed. Can I go ahead with (A) even if the Package version of my device is (B)? 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil

1.No it will not void your Warranty , All those OS packs are developed by RIM then pass to there respective Carrier.

2. I suggested  Package Version: 7.1.0.2102 where Applications: 7.1.0.746,Its the most recent available.Yes you go ahead and download the most recent because every updates brings some fixes and it doesn't matter if any previous version installed on your device. Just remember to Delete those Vendor .Xml files from the location as mentioned above.

So just follow the instructions and it will allow you to update.Let us know if have any query or confussion.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

Ok. One last query before I go ahead. My handset is from Redinton, as I can make out from the box. Uploading Indosat OS is ok with it?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil

Those Device Software are developed by RIM not by any Carrier,RIM develop them and pass them to there Carrier, Carriers first test them then release, I must say Indosat is way ahead as it has tested and released earlier then Redington India. 

If you are having any confussion you can download the OS 7.1.0.523 from Redington untill Redington releases this newer OS bundle.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

Well well well I think I have found out something really interesting and incredibly simple.

Before going ahead with updating the OS I was still scratching my head to find out any easier way. While going through posts in the community I came across one about the BlackBerry pouch where someone had posted that when ever he takes his handset out of the pouch it acts strangely. And the reply to the post was that maybe becasuse of the magnet in the pouch! (I was unaware about any magnet). So I thought why dont I keep the handset out of my pouch? So it has been one and half days its out of the pouch and bingo! no hang ups dring incoming calls!!!

So if this is true guys dont go any cheap duplicate pouch (I got mine for 350). Get an authentic one from BlackBerry itself even if its costs more. Having said that my question is how can I identify an original BlackBerry pouch?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Indranil7117

So nice and well done :smileyhappy: As you can see those Forums are full of informations and Solutions,going through it sometimes provide a solution which we never think of.If you search more you will find that sometime those pouches creates a lot of problem.

To get a Genuine BlackBerry Pouch in India visit any Authorized BlackBerry Store or showroom but before Buying always remember it should be for the same device model. 

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Indranil7117

It has been since my last post I am using an authentic BlackBerry pouch and my problem is solved. So in case your handset gets hung, leave aside everything else and check your pouch first even before you think of the warranty. Trust me it works! Cheers.

Please use plain text.