Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

dvikramsingh
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Local store

Curve 9220 hang some time.

My new blackberry Curve 9220 is not working properly. This set hang most of the time some time I'm not able to pick phone calls any one told me what is solution and what is region of this problem.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Curve 9220 hang some time.

dvikramsingh wrote:

My new blackberry Curve 9220 is not working properly. This set hang most of the time some time I'm not able to pick phone calls any one told me what is solution and what is region of this problem.

Hi dvikramsingh,

Have you tried pulling the battery?

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Savar
My Carrier: Local Store

Even I got the 9220 2 days back, it goes to a full hang after a few hours when kept idle. We cannot help but keep doing a battery pull every 2 hours. This seems like a MAJOR software bug which RIM needs to fix!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nitin_patel
My Carrier: Vodafone

I  am also facing a same problem in my newly purchased 9220.    do we have to pull battery every time to resolve this.   Because in my phone it is happenig 7 to 8 times in a day.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vimalraithatha
My Carrier: Tata DoCoMo

My Curve 9220 also hangs and I am not able to pick up the phone sometime. Please help...anybody!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Call your Service provider about your problem.

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vimalraithatha

I am bit curious to know how can this be resolved by a Service Provider...as it is the issue with the Blackberry handset.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Please keep in mind that the Blackberry Curve 9220 can only work with 2G coverage and if you're gonna use it for browsing, sending emails, BBM, and apps that require internet access, it may slow your phone down because the data transfer is slow compared to 3G devices. Highly suggest accessing the web thru WiFi.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vimalraithatha

Dear Ron, Thanks for the reply...but I don't agree with this as when the phone supports only 2G or Wi-fi and when I am using 2G on the go the phone should hang.

In that case...I am very much disappointed and want to know the reason as to why then Blackberry advertises this phone as to stay connected and also having a dedicated BBM key. It is not always possible to use Wi-fi.

In fact yesterday evening I checked with the Authorized Service Center located in Borivali West area of Mumbai, India who suggested me to get OS re-installed...but instead of doing the same themselves they asked me to run to the authorized dealer who has sold the handset to me when they know that the dealer is just an authorized dealer and does not have authorized service center. I really felt that the Blackberry does not take the matter seriously...the way other handset makers sometimes do.

This really makes me feel to regret of owning the handset...

Apologies for harsh statements made.

But I really feel HELPLESS!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

I definitely understand how you feel. I don't consider this as a mistake on your part nor with RIM. If you are on the go and does not have easy WiFi places to go to, it would be much preferred to go with a 3G phone than 2G.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.