Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vimalraithatha
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Tata DoCoMo

Re: Curve 9220 hang some time.

I agree with you that I should have gone for 3G handsets...but only because I am facing the issue...and now I am looking for a solution.

Please help !!! If anybody comes to know about solution for this please do share even I shall share...!!!

Please use plain text.
mayurjagtap
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: black berry

Hi

I have bought 9220 before 2 days and from the very 1st day BB got hanged after the interval of 1 or 2 Hr. so i am fed up with this and i dont even hav that much time to remove the battery & all tat. Plz suggest me . . .

Or Shall i kick back to BB & go with Some other smartphoe except Blackberry. ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
himelkol
My Device: curve 9220
My Carrier: Vodafone

I think most of the 9220 is defective. I have the same problem. Somebody calls me, I can't receive the call but can disconnect it ! OMG ! Its the most irritating situation. I need to disconnect the battery and reconnect it for solution. I work in a busy hospital and this problem makes me mad when my seniors call me for emergency.... I deposited it in service centre and happily using a nokia N8 mobile, at least I can talk with this phone. Don't know when and how the service centre will solve the problem....

Please use plain text.
chanchalmaheshwari

Facing the same problem...just got the handset last week and it hangs very hour...the problem persists even after getting the OS re-installed at the service centre...might have to ask for replacement of handset as it is still covered under the warranty....has anybody got a handset replacement due to manufacturing defect....
Please use plain text.
praveenupadhyay

Hi,

Got the same problem here, I got a  curve 9220 some days ago and it hangs quite often while the call comes and unable to answer the call does anybody have a solution for this??????

Its pretty much annoying that you cant even answer the call when its something important.

Please do reply if anybody gets a solution.....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

praveenupadhyay wrote:

Hi,

Got the same problem here, I got a  curve 9220 some days ago and it hangs quite often while the call comes and unable to answer the call does anybody have a solution for this??????

Its pretty much annoying that you cant even answer the call when its something important.

Please do reply if anybody gets a solution.....

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nitin_patel

Dear All 9220 users,

Here is the solution....

9220 was launched in between 20 to 25th May....  I have purchased this phone on 08th may,2012 and after 3 days, it started giving the same problem what u guys are facing now.......I have contacted Blackberry support and after keeping that new phone with service centre for almost 15 days.... they have given me the new Peice........

After getting that new 9220........for 8 days it was working fine and then again it started giving same problem......

Again i went to BB service centre......Again they kept it for 8 days and they replaced it again............

Again after few days same problem in that 3rd replaced phone.......

So finally  from 8th may to 5th August.....my 9220 is replaced 3 times....for the same concerns........There is no solution available with BB or redington india ( Service Provider for india ).

I sold it straight away......This is the solution for the same....

Please use plain text.