If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ARMCurve9220
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Suncellular
Accepted Solution

Curve 9220 network connection

I recently bought a blackberry curve 9220 and had my suncellular plan updated to avail of all the perks of bbm, unlimited internet browsing etc. My problem started when I installed blackberry protection, updated it when it asked to be updated but unfortunately my plan service was changed. Now, i can only use my bbm when there is wifi available, other than that nothing. And the signal indicator says GSM, initially it was EDGE. Is there a way of undoing the plan service changed by the blackberry protection?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Curve 9220 network connection

The BlackBerry Protect application does not and cannot change your service plan. You'll need to contact your wireless service provider and see what the problem is with your data plan.

John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ARMCurve9220

Thank you for the suggestion John. I did go to my wireless service provider and had a long discussion with them regarding my problem with the signal of my BBcurve9220, turned out the unit itself is not 3G ready, that's why my connection is weak. I'm thinking changing BB phone, any suggestion? thanks:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

3G can be a problem in that different carriers use different frequencies for 3G.  For example, I have an AT&T 9800 that is a 3G phone but it will not pick up 3G on T-Mobile (I have it unlocked) since AT&T uses a different frequency than T-Mobile.  Your best bet is to purchase a device from your mobile carrier.  The next best thing is to purchase an unlocked device that works on the same frequencies as your mobile carrier.  Contact your mobile carrier to find out what frequencies they use.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ARMCurve9220

Yes same here in our country. What I am furious about is, my network service provider (SUNCELLULAR) asked for the model of my unit and offered me a complete package add-on (BlackBerry® Add-on Service of unlimited - BBM, BlackBerry Browsing, Social Networking, Push E-Mail, Instant Messaging & Mobile Internet) to my existing postpaid account. Since blackberry is new to me and was not fully aware of its features I agreed to the add-on package. It was when I complained about my network connection that they told me that my unit is not 3G ready. Ripped off? Stupidity on my part? . . . Well, lesson learned, know the features of your unit first . . . Anyway, I decided to change my BB phone instead of using the same unit and not getting the full service that I am paying for. Thanks for the helpful info. . . . :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Huh?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninooenriquez
My Device: 2A0D6864 curve 9220
My Carrier: nino

Not conect my bbwold application
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninooenriquez
My Device: 2A0D6864 curve 9220
My Carrier: nino