Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Somers1968
My Carrier: talk talk
Accepted Solution

Curve 9230 and Facebook

Hi, can someone help please.  Trying to access Facebok through the BB Facebook icon.  It tries to connect but keeps returing the same error message about being unable to find server.  I can connect to Facebok through the usual Yahoo, Google but not the Blackberry specific Icon.  When I turn on my wireless device it will let me in through the Facebook Icon but not if wi-fi is switched off.  Any ideas? Please, it's driving me mad.  Thanks !!1

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9230 and Facebook

Somers1968 wrote:

Trying to access Facebok through the BB Facebook icon.  It tries to connect but keeps returing the same error message about being unable to find server.  I can connect to Facebok through the usual Yahoo, Google but not the Blackberry specific Icon.  When I turn on my wireless device it will let me in through the Facebook Icon but not if wi-fi is switched off.  Any ideas?

Hi Somars1968

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have  BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Somers1968

Blackberry Data Plan on my account - sorry no not that I know of.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Somers1968

You must have if you want to access FaceBook for BlackBerry over your cellular Network . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Somers1968

ok so Prince2012 - I have a monthly contract with talk talk should I contact them and can you explain what it all means. sorry to be so ignorant, but I would appreciate any help. Why does it work through google, wireless but not the standard icon, WHY??
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Somers1968

There are some BlackBerry Native application like FaceBook for BlackBerry,Twitter for BlackBerry,BBM ,Push Email services etc ,To run those application over our Carrier network we need BlackBerry Data Plans aka BIS , there are some application which may work over wi-fi but will not run over your Carrier network unless you have BIS on your account.

So if you want those services you need to have BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account from your Carrier.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Somers1968

so phone talk talk (service provider / carrier) and ask them. Will do. Thanks for all you help.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Somers1968

Yes the " Carrier " is the one to whom you pay your monthly mobile bills,Call them to add BIS on your account.And then enjoy all BlackBerry Services :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Somers1968

Prince

Just wanted to update you.  Contacted Talk Talk today and they removed "something" and "activated" something else.  I can now access Facebook, Twitter etc through the icons.  So just wanted to say thanks for the advice.  Much appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Somers

You are welcome .. yes they have activated BIS on your account.Now you can enjoy your BlackBerry over your carrier network as well as wi-fi .That's great.:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.