Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
KevzJD
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Curve 9300 Freezing and Restarting

My Blackberry Curve 9300 keeps freezing and then the screen will go white and the LED light will go red, after about 10 - 20 seconds it'll reboot. It does this ATLEAST 5 times a day. Is there anyway to fix this? I've tried "reloading the OS" tried a sytstem wipe and fresh install but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9300 Freezing and Restarting

[ Edited ]

Hi KevzJD

Welcome to the Community

It may be because of any Bad behaving Apps,Remove your media card then run your device on Safe Mode for an hour or two and see if problem appear.If appear you may have to wipe your device and Reload your deviceOS with selective Restore.

KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KevzJD

Thanks for the reply. I put my phone into safe mode and it was fine for about an hour then it restarted its self ( the screen didn't go white it jus restarted ). I've already wiped and reloaded the OS! Could this be a hardware issue?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi KevzJD

It may be but have you tried Installing other OS bundleYou may need to use BBSAK to wipe your device,But if your device is still under Warrantry and don't want to try those stuff you can contact your Carrier,If in case  you want to try and if you need any help let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KevzJD

Hi,

Yes I have tried installing a different bundle and I got the same issue. I done a full wipe using BBSAK and reloaded the OS. I have also tried changing the battery, but no luck. I don't have insurance for my phone either.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi KevzJD 

I am sorry  but it seems you had already tried everything possible,So it may be possible that the device may have some Hardware problems, So visiting your Carrier  will only help in resolving  the problem.I hope you understand.

Prince

Please use plain text.
awesomehobo
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: 3

I have  Blackberry 9300 and ive had it for almost 2 years now and had to send it off about 5 times. Recently my phone has been restarting itself after freezing, this happens maybe every 5 minutes. I can hardly use it anymore. I have tried a new battery, degrading my phone from os 6 to version 5 and nothing seems to be working. What do I do?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

awesomehobo wrote:

I have  Blackberry 9300 and ive had it for almost 2 years now and had to send it off about 5 times. Recently my phone has been restarting itself after freezing, this happens maybe every 5 minutes. I can hardly use it anymore. I have tried a new battery, degrading my phone from os 6 to version 5 and nothing seems to be working. What do I do?

Hello awesomehobo

If you already tried with another battery and even an OS reload / Downgrade then it might be an harware issue , you can contact your service provider to get it fixed .

Or , if you want then you can try any 3rd party software to completely wipe your device then load a fresh OS pack , without installing any apps for a few days to check if problem cease .

let us know if you want to proceed with those steps and need help .

Please use plain text.