Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lbrewer
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

Curve 9300 Password unlock

Is there anyway to reset the password to unlock the screen through Blackberry? Can they verify I am the owner by my PIN #?  My daughter was trying to guess my password and tried 4 times. Now, even though I am putting in the correct password it still will not unlock. I have one final try before it erases everything.  My backup (which hasn't been done in a while) is on work computer. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Curve 9300 Password unlock

Hi Ibrewer

But remember the password you will lose all the information of the Blackberry

Maybe the password is correct that these placing.

If you say you is an attempt to say that the 9 attempts were erroneous.

So do not lose the information and stay in another type the word Blackberry ...

Sorry ...

You should have had backup earlier in the DM and the Blackberry Protect.

Regards...

Kudos ** Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions ** Can
Accept as Solution to ** Comments **
@gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

I think that what the prior reply was trying to say is that there is no "backdoor" nor "override" nor "master" password that anyone can give you...for such does not exist. Only the user created device lock password can unlock a BB. They retain their rating as having the highest security, and bypassing this would degrade that rating. Yes, high security can come with great challenges...but such is the tradeoff of selecting a high security device.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lbrewer

Do you know why it will not accept the correct password though?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

At our internet-distance, I can know nothing for sure...all I can do is guess.

Perhaps you've got a mixture of different characters in your device password, and perhaps have not noticed how you must enter those on the BB keyboard? For instance, if your password is

• ab123

and you enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > 2 > 3

the actual result will be

• ab1er

You must enter

• a > b > ALT > 1 > ALT > 2 > ALT > 3

in order to wind up with ab123. So, in this example, while on the BB keyboard you think you are typing ab123, you are actually typing ab1er.

On your BB, when you type your password, you should get just a moment where each character is shown in the clear before it changes to an *. Watch closely the next time and you may see a surprising result.

Since you have connected to a computer before, you would have had to unlock your BB via the computer keyboard. If you tether again now and successfully enter your password, it will reset the counter and allow you to keep trying on the device itself.

Maybe perhaps some key is stuck? You should look carefully at those to see if that's the cause. Also try a batt-pull reboot to see if that perhaps can clear something up.

Sadly, with only one try left, you must get it right...and there are several different things you could try, but you must choose one, since you will only get one chance.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lbrewer

After the 4th or 5th try, it actually displays what you are typing, no longer hiding what you are typing by showing ***** Therefore I know it is correct. Oh well, lesson learned!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That is normal behavior. For the first half of your maximum number of attempts, the password is masked. For the second half, it is shown in the clear as an aid to help you get it right.

But I cannot tell from your latest post if your issue is now resolved or if something continues to be problematic.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lbrewer

The 10th attempt also failed, even though I used my computer keyboard to enter.  I have since restored the information but am reluctant to set up a new password in case it happens again.  I will be more diligent with future backups!  Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh, so I guess it did remain problematic...I'm glad you had a backup. You are most welcome, and enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.