Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
RELENTLESS2007
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Curve 9300 White Screen

My blackberry curve 9300 has got a white screen even though its turned on, I've tried updating the device but that doesn't work, please help

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Curve 9300 White Screen

Hi there, does the screen show anything?

Also you say you've tried updating the devices... how did you do this? If you haven't already tried the steps in the following link, this could help:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RELENTLESS2007

My screen is completely white and im not able to turn it off without taking the battery out, i tried using the application loader but after the usb pin bit it comes up with "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, here are a few things to try. One, in the same folder as the Loader.exe file, delete the file named Vendor.xml. If that still doesn't help, another thing that has helped others in the past is to disconnect from the internet until the OS loading process is complete.

Hopefully that helps, but if not, let me know again as there are still a couple of other tricks that can help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RELENTLESS2007

still saying the same thing after

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Take a look at the following link and see if there is any info there that may pertain to your specific situation:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02247

Does that help??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RELENTLESS2007

I've managed to do an update and also reset to factory settings but when it reboots the screen is still white

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, this could indicate a bigger problem. Is the phone still under warranty? If so, I would recommend taking it in to your carrier. If it's not, let us know and we'll see if there is anything else that can be suggested.

Just out of curiosity, is there any chance the phone was exposed to moisture? Check the battery - there should be a little sticker on it. Is that white or red?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

have tried re-loading the software, without using Desktop Manager?
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RELENTLESS2007

It hasn't got any warranty and the sticker on the battery is white

Please use plain text.