Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
hampy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

Curve 9300 cannot detect Vodafone 3G - Any ideas?

Full Story!: Phone has had a new trackpad fitted under guarantee, whilst away vodafone simcard was used in an old 2G phone for calls and texts. Now it's back with a new trackpad the phone will not detect Vodafone (UK) 3G which means BBMs/emails only come in at home when connected via WiFi plus the loss of all other 3G functions when out of WiFi range. Vodafone Customer service tell me that everything from their end is working correctly so the phone must be at fault, however when you put the phone into manual search mode it does detect the T mobile and '3'  3G networks, this makes me suspicious that the problem may lie with Vodafone. I'd be grateful for suggestions to resolve this problem.

Many thanks.

Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Curve 9300 cannot detect Vodafone 3G - Any ideas?

Hi hampy,

Welcome to the BB Community...

problem is either with vodafone or ur BB...normally, if ur sim is 3G enabled then it doesnt make any difference to the 3G connection if ur using that sim in a handset which is 2G enabled for a few days...

best way, is to put that sim in a 3G enabled handset and see if u can connect to the 3G network...if u can, then the prob is with ur BB handset, else with vodafone...once u get the cause of ur issue, proceed accordingly...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
New Contributor
hampy

Ah great idea thanks, will try that tomorrow. ( No Vodafone 3G where we live - nuisance!)

Contributor
suze84
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Hi hampy I also had a blackberry curve 9300 and mine also didn't pick up 3g quite a lot of the time it was stuck on GPRS altho if ur out on main roads where there r the towers surrounding ur area ur fone will indeed pick up 3g but tbh when u have full signal with GPRS ya cnt go wrong really. My carrier was wif o2 when had mine and they had said different options which could be the problem but reality is sometimes when there's too many people all connecting at the same time you will from time to time drop signal to EDGE but its nothing to worry about just depends where infct you are but it will pick up 3g
New Contributor
hampy

Hi, Well what do you know took it to a good coverage area today, it found 3G and all the BBMs came in. I suspect one of my calls to Vodafone had the desired effect, would have been nice if they had admitted I wasnt set up properly and I wouldn't have wasted your time posting on here!! Thanks for the suggestions. Cheers.

Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi hampy,

Uh, thats not an issue...glad that finally ur issue has been solved...:Clap:

do let us know if u face any other issue with ur BB...

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html