Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
peterle8295
My Device: Curve 9320
Accepted Solution

Curve 9300 disconnects from the network - no BBM, emails etc - send or receiving

My Curve 9300 has been working fine for the past year and all of a sudden  the phone seems to  disconnect from the network without any error code etc. As a result, no calls in or out are able to be made / received, BBM's and emails the same issue. All indications are that the service is up and running. The SW is version 6 and apparently is up to date. Any suggestions??

Contributor
J_B_L
My Device: 9300

Re: Curve 9300 disconnects from the network - no BBM, emails etc - send or receiving

I aslo have the similar problem. I can't make a phone call, send messages, load or check my airtime balance. What's going on?
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Curve 9300 disconnects from the network - no BBM, emails etc - send or receiving

peterle8295 wrote:

My Curve 9300 has been working fine for the past year and all of a sudden  the phone seems to  disconnect from the network without any error code etc. As a result, no calls in or out are able to be made / received, BBM's and emails the same issue. All indications are that the service is up and running. The SW is version 6 and apparently is up to date. Any suggestions??

Hello guys

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear about these issues. Please try contacting your Carrier and check your Blackberry Data Plan. 

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Contributor
J_B_L

I don't think it's a Data Plan. Something's up with the phone. I contacted my Carrier a several times and they restaeted my SIM Card from their system but still no change.
Contributor
J_B_L

I forgot to mention that I am able access my social networks with no problem.
New Contributor
peterle8295
My Device: Curve 9320

Advanced options, router options, register device and then remove the battery and reload. Problem sorted. Been fine all day.
Contributor
J_B_L

I did that. Still no luck.
Regular Contributor
Shazmin
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

[ Edited ]

Hello there!

Have you tried with the network ping test? Also i hope you all are using only the 3G network correct? 

This is a common issue when using only in 3G mode, explaining further, when you put only 3G and if you are out of a 3G coverage area (if indside a building, canal etc ) you will get no signals to your phone, meantime if you keep 2G & 3G (Dual mode) then in case if you dont have 3G signals, your phone will look for 2G (normal GSM signals which supports for calls and text) will start working, and again will turned into 3G when its available. That's how it works!

Remember, in dual more and 3G only your battery will get drained so soon and i prefer evberyone uses 2G and switch into 3G when using the internet apps (browser, facebook, twitter etc)

Give me some likes if this helps.

Cheers!

Contributor
J_B_L

I just tried network ping bro... Still no luck. I really don't know what to do. I have to get on with my life. Now it's like I don't have phone. *sigh*
Regular Contributor
Shazmin
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Dont worry, Have you tried using only in 2G network?