Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
turbodre
My Device: Curve 9300

Curve 9300 issues

Hi,

I just bough an old BB curve 9300 to replace my old bb that i lost during the weekend.

Since I have this curve i can do call receive sms* but i can't write a response sms. When i'm connected to wireless i cannot acces to the browser since it says : "browser configuration service book entries". Same with facebook. I do not have any icons of the gps that i had on my last blackberry. I talked with my service provider to send me new service book entries but it didn't solve anything.. 

Did anyone enjoy these kind of problem so far?

Thanks in advance

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Curve 9300 issues

You may want to check with your service provider to ensure that the BlackBerry you purchased has not previously been reported stolen. A BlackBerry that has been reported stolen will have very limited functionality.

If your service provider confirms that there should be no problems with the device, can you confirm if you have a BlackBerry data plan? If not, that may be the problem as you need a BlackBerry data plan in order to receive the service books for your device. Once you have the service books installed, you should be fine.

Just to be safe, do the following: Go to Options > Device > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, press the BB Menu button and select Register Now. Do you get a message in your Inbox stating that your BlackBerry device is now connected to the BlackBerry data network?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
turbodre
My Device: Curve 9300

[ Edited ]

Yeah, i received the confirmation that it has been registered via my wireless home internet. The phone is not a stolen phone neither. 

I do not have a data plan, but that should stop me from writing sms. With my last bb i was able to use my navigator to go on internet when i was on wifi.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

SMS is usually a carrier related issue, but since we don't know the last time this was done, it might not hurt to reload the software on the device, just in case we're looking at something related to the device software.

To do this, follow the instructions in the following link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

Hopefully that can help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!