Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

coldheartsxo
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Curve 9300 "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application"...

The Blackberry I have was my mum's phone, but she just got the new iPhone so I got this. It's still relatively new and the contract has been going for a while. When I first got it, there was no issues at all, but just today when I've tried using the Blackberry Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, App World and BBM applications, I get an error on most saying "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application."
I've phoned up my carrier and they say as long as my browser is working while connected to my home wi-fi, it's not a problem on their end but a problem to be faced with the Blackberry support team. I've ran a diagnostics test and the results I get are:
Radio Data Activation: Yes
ICMP Ping Echo: No
Blackberry Registration: No
Connected to Blackberry: Abort
Blackberry PIN-PIN: Abort

Now, I should have a Blackberry internet service plan, as I'm paying for it, and Virgin Mobile confirmed that all systems should be go, but I still can't connect to the push applications. I've tried the old "turn it off and on", checked that my data services are on, rebooted the whole phone, deleted the applications and re-installed them... and nothing.

Device Type: Blackberry 9300

Application Version: v6.0.0.668

Platform Version: 6.6.0.236

Any help would be much appreciated before I dive head first into being on hold for hours, after waiting 24 hours for a reply! xo 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Curve 9300 "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application"...

Hi coldheartsxo

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

The error message you recieved indicate that you are lacking BlackBerry Data Plan on your account ,Are you sure you still have BlackBerry Data plan on your account as you got it from your mom ! 

On your HomeScreen to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = ? what is the status.

Prince

________________________________________________________________________________

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
HarryYankee
My Device: Black berry Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3

Re: Curve 9300 "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application"...

Em Facing The Same Problem
N In Status It Shows

**BlackBerry Internet Service Not Connected**
Please use plain text.